Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Rattlesnake Canyon/Heartbreak Ridge Anniversary Run

Let me start by saying "Happy One Year Anniversary" to my beautiful wife Lesa, I love you with all of my heart!

She decided the other day that she wanted to go for a Jeep ride in the mountains for our anniversary so, we called our good friends Mitch & Dennison to join us.

We met at the usual location in Lucerne Valley and headed to Rattlesnake Canyon. We aired down and headed up canyon to do some playing and exploring in an old mine. We ran into Sebastian22 and his group (also from MJR) who were headed to run Mottino Wash.

We then headed over to Heartbreak Ridge/2N61Y for some more wheeling fun and mine exploring at the Shooting Star Mine. Afterwards we drove into Big Bear Lake and went to a nice Mexican Restaurant in the Village (Can't remember the name of it but, man it was great!) After "L-inner" (That's Lunch and Dinner) We were off to Jacoby Canyon and ran it from top to bottom to end our Anniversary Run!

I somehow forgot to put my memory card into my camera before we left the house today so, I didn't get any pic's! So,..... I'm going to let Mitch post up all of the pic's he got!

Scott & Lesa

Mitch,.... take it away!

...And Thank You Both for an awesome day!
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Happy Anniversary Scott and Lesa and may there be many more fun times ahead to ya.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Scott and Lesa,

Thank you both for sharing this special day with us. Another fantastic trip, awesome weather all day, cool mines, great early dinner. Dennison and I had a great day. The shower tonight kicked butt, lots of crud to hose off!

Rattlesnake Canyon

I think this is the mine that the abandoned camp supported. About a mile to the south.

Heartbreak Ridge

I showed Scott and the girls the old Spanish Smelter this is off Heartbreak. Cinnabar was heated and smelted to extract Mercury, which was used to seperate gold from fine ground ore. Very impressive site with a rock house foundation.

The Big Mine is claimed to have almost a half mile of underground tunnels. The cold blowing air thru this mine is refreshing after the hot temps outside. The coolest mine I've been in!

After Big Bear Village for mexican food we headed to Jacoby to finish up the day

And for my special friends John and Kris, Dennison took a picture of your favorite flying bug! Miss you guys.

Mitch
      Last edited by Mitch; 09-18-10, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Looks like a really great day guys.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Scott & Lesa,

Happy anniversery!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

How cool......

...thanks for sharing, :present:Happy Anniversary you two!

And for the "bug" picture......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahah....laughed our ass's off....thx....
            John & Kristi

Comment

Congrats on the 1st year guys, great way to spend it.
              An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Congrats! Great way to spend the day.

Thanks for showing us the where the trail started.
                Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Congrats to you and Leesa Scott. Looks like a fun day.
                  Check out .

Comment

Nice to see some awesome YJ's out there, thanks for pointing us in the right direction.
                    95 YJ
                    2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Comment

Sebastian and Jimmy,

Still waiting for those pictures from the wash. Nice meeting you guys. Let us know how it turned out.

Mitch

Comment

Looks like you hit Jacoby as the shadows were getting long. I would love to run Jacoby on a full moon night.

Comment

It is always a great trail, especially at dusk and at night on the full moon. Ready at anytime.

Comment

Ha.. I ran Jacoby that night with my friend in his TJ and another in a Tacoma. My girlfriend drove the whole thing, it was her first time driving on more than just a dirt road.

-Justin

Comment

It was a blast waiting on my buddy to bring his camera into the shop so we can do a write up..

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                              Sebastian and Jimmy,

Still waiting for those pictures from the wash. Nice meeting you guys. Let us know how it turned out.

Mitch
                              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                              www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Working...
                              X