Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Calico Easy Run

I've been unplugged from the forums and fun for about a month and a half, because I got a new job and have been focusing heavily on that.

Now I've gotten to a point where I can start having fun again and thought I'd take The Limo out to the Calico area tomorrow.

Yeah, it's pretty short notice, but I want to do an easy run and maybe hit the low end of moderate wheeling on Phillips Loop.

I want to see if I can cover The Arch, Bismark Mine, The Cabin, Wall St. Overlook, the amazing view on the north side of Calico Mountain, and then take Greg's Pass east out to Alvord Mine.

This will be a pre-run for taking some people out who don't go 4-wheeling and exposing them to all the fun.

The plan is to meet at the Arco station by Peggy Sue's Diner at 9:30 am. and be on the trail by 10:00 am.

We'll be on CB Channel 4.

Let me know if you want to come out and play!

Christian
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

im there! ive been wanting to see alvord mine
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Wish we could make this one with you Christian,but I'm on call again.If you get a chance come by and say HI and grab a bite to eat,your always welcome.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

its gonna be a hot one but it will be fun

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]A hot one is right, but will be nice inside the Alvord. BTW Troy don't aid down under 12 LBS...unless Christian has a good compressor.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
            [COLOR="Blue"]A hot one is right, but will be nice inside the Alvord. BTW Troy don't aid down under 12 LBS...unless Christian has a good compressor.[/COLOR]
            haha yeah that sucked. i need a ratchet strap soon too so i can set a bead with my small compressor or make the leap to CO2

Comment

Troy,

Bring your special supplies for the mine. You are going to like this one! When you get to the metal railing, look up, way up. Lots of scary walkways up there.

Comment

nice!

Christian are you gonna want to explore avlord? i can bring some extra flashlights if you'd like

Comment

I'm totally up for doing some exporing in Alvord. I think that there is more than one way in. I usually bring my LED flashlights and one incandescent dive light in case I need to use it in the water.

I'll be at the Arco at 9:30 am. I'll PM you my phone number.

Dennis, as always, thanks for the invite and I'll look forward to seeing you soon.

Christian
                  "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

good deal. this will be fun!

Comment

Dang Christian,

Both LeAnne & I would have loved this run. If only you posted it yesterday as we are committed for Saturday...

I take it you job is working out for you? It's good to hear from you again.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

stinks you guys cant make it. its looking like a convoy of two.
                        wheres chris at? Alvord is supposed to have some crystal that is extemley rare

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Dang Christian,

Both LeAnne & I would have loved this run. If only you posted it yesterday as we are committed for Saturday...

I take it you job is working out for you? It's good to hear from you again.
                          The job is perfect for me. I'm sorry I didn't get this up until the last minute. I wasn't sure I would make it until the last minute.

We'll do it again soon though!

Christian

Comment

I saw this Christian and if I hadn't been out that way last Sat running Rattlesnake, I'd love to go. I've got some fun home improvements I'm working on this weekend. Have fun and be safe.

Comment

it was a an awesome run. just some good old path finding and free roaming mixed in with some mines. it was hot as heck out there and i hardly ever left my AC. somehow Christian survived all day in the scrambler haha.

we put in some good miles out there and found a great canyon on the north end of calico that lead down to coyote dry lake bed.

found some info on that one pile off odd tailings @ 34° 57.240'N, 116° 48.989'W google earth has that marked as Borate & Daggett train trussel

hope to wheel with you again soon Christian
                              oh here is the 3d sculpure creepy thing that used to be there.

and its creepy friend that went missing first

those pics are stolen from http://dzrtgrls.com/ if you havnt seen that place its worth hours of reading on cool places
                              Last edited by troyboy162; 09-05-10, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X