Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: 1st Annual Rebel Rigs on The Mountain 9/11 weekend Big Bear

Come out and join us rebels at our first annual event. Yes,.. REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY on our forum... (if you are not already a member) as we need a rig count. This is a friday night to sunday event. The runs will be on saterday morning with a BBQ fest back at camp afterwards. Next year we will be working towards a small raffle and awards deal also. Camping will be at "Green Spot campground" and it is RV and tent friendly. While this is a free event donations are also accepted (see Matt) but not mandatory to help with the cost of paying for the group camp area which was paid for in advance for two nights by members of the rebel chapter crew. This camp ground has toilets but there is no water so plan on bringing some and what ever you are going to eat. Also, it might be a good idea to have a forest adventure pass to keep the ranger happy once you are out of camp. If you are going or have questions then post up here on MJR or at REBEL CHAPTER 4X4 There will also be a rig/wheel stacking 4x4 photo shoot in the rock gardens on Gold Mountain. See the Rebel Chapter off road forum for more details.

Communications will be on CB channel 4 and on ham 2 meter 146.550 on simplex

Getting There:
    Green Spot Group Camp
    Big Bear Lake California

GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
    34.22333, -116.80611

From the Big Bear Ranger Station, turn left on Highway 38 and proceed east for 3.0 miles to Greenway, turn right continue past the airport to the signal at Big Bear Blvd.. Turn right (Big Bear Blvd. is Hwy 38) continue on Hwy 38 for 3.9 miles to Forest Road 2N93. On the opposite side of the road will be Hatchery Rd., turn right on Forest Road 2N93 and continue for approximately 1/2 mile to the second dirt road to your left (this road will not be marked). Proceed up this road 50 yards to Greenspot Group Campground. More information about the local area can be obtained from the Big Bear Discovery Center 909-866-3437 or PM "Matt2001TJ"
    Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 08-31-10, 11:16 PM.
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Tammy and I are going to be camping at Green Spot with Matt and crew.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Ill be there, and square.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

A strong maybe !!!
        Sounds like great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittles View Post
          A strong maybe !!!
          Sounds like great fun.
          Come on out skittles. It's gonna be a good time

Comment

Skittles,
            PLEASE COME, I don't want to be the only female out there. :hide:
            Hope you can make it.
            Last edited by gp4plyqn; 09-03-10, 12:19 AM. Reason: blonde working on the computer

Comment

Will be there !!!
              Just found the green spot camp!!

Comment

I'll be there early Saturday morn !

Comment

See you guys out there! Carmen and I will be getting there Friday afternoon/evening.
                  Regards,
                  Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Cool deal Mary,and Randy.We'll see ya up there.
                    Originally posted by Skittles View Post
                    I'll be there early Saturday morn !
                    Just go south on Hwy 38 like your heading to Redlands and it's just past Mitchell rd. on the right at Hatchery road.We'll hang yellow flagging at the turns and may have a sign out.
                    Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Well,
                      I don't know if I can make this but I'll try. May only be come play at GM for a while.
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                        Well,
                        I don't know if I can make this but I'll try. May only be come play at GM for a while.
                        That would be great Kurt,been wanting to check out that Jeep of yours.
                        Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          Well,
                          Come out and play Rat,.. never know,.. might be some patron back at camp after the run.

Comment

The event dash plaques are in and they look sweet

Comment

Hi, I'm interested in maybe joining you guys for Jacoby and Gold Mountain. Do you have an idea when you would be starting Jacoby? I'd be coming from Apple Valley and would rather meet you at the start of the trail than drive all the way up to Big Bear.
                              Thanks,
                              ~Reed

Comment

Working...
                              X