Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah Flats

Hey folks... Carmen and I are thinking of camping at Hannah Flats the weekend of the 10th of September... It will be our first chance to get to Big Bear this year!

It appears that for that weekend, there are alot of campsites available...

Anyone like to join us up there?

Anyone have any pictures of the area? I know it was burned pretty badly a few years back...
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Randy,

That is a beautiful place. Should be very nice.

Comment

Come out to All J Products on Saturday in Big Bear. They are having a BBQ and lots of Jeep displays.

Hope to see you there!

Gerald
      http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
        Anyone have any pictures of the area? I know it was burned pretty badly a few years back...
        Hanna Flat Campround on July 10, 2010 from the top of Little Bear Peak

The fire burned on all 4 sides of the campground but only minimally damaged the campground.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
          Come out to All J Products on Saturday in Big Bear. They are having a BBQ and lots of Jeep displays.

Hope to see you there!

Gerald
          Gerald,

Do you have an address for All J Products? Stopping by there sounds fun.

Poet! Thanks as usual for the great info!
          Regards,
          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

Comment

All J Products
            PHYSICAL SHOP ADDRESS: 41610 BROWNIE LANE, BIG BEAR LAKE, CA 92315

I haven't been there myself but always wanted to stop by . . . more due to their reputation for helping out Jeepers when things go awry up on the mountain.

Cool to see how the campground survived the fire.
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Sorry already up there with rebelchapter.com..

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                All J Products
                PHYSICAL SHOP ADDRESS: 41610 BROWNIE LANE, BIG BEAR LAKE, CA 92315
                Almost right next door to where I lived back in high school
                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Hey folks... Carmen and I are thinking of camping at Hannah Flats the weekend of the 10th of September... It will be our first chance to get to Big Bear this year!
                  Cool,.. gotta love camping and or wheeling in Big Bear. Let me know if you feel like joining us for some wheeling while you are up in the high country. Consider it an official invite "mybrokenjeep".... "Happy Trails" ....MATT....
                  http://rebelchapter4x4.com/forums/vi...4c23dc7bca49fe
                  Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 08-30-10, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Went to Big Bear about a month ago to "go camping" with my wife and son. Wife got a reservation at a cabin. Took the dogs for a walk one night and we ended walking right past the All J shop. The shop was closed but I admired the Jeeps in the lot. Heard nothing but great things about them. I really like some of the work done by them I have seen on the web!
                    I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Since we're on the All J topic, I'll join in. I was in Big Bear once and had some minor issues. I stopped by the shop and the owner gladly helped me with a quick fix to last me the drive home to Lakewood. We stood there BSing about the LJ he was building for his wife after. Great people, really friendly and welcoming. I'm hoping to make it there for their vendor show.
                      -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                        Cool,.. gotta love camping and or wheeling in Big Bear. Let me know if you feel like joining us for some wheeling while you are up in the high country. Consider it an official invite "mybrokenjeep".... "Happy Trails" ....MATT....
                        http://rebelchapter4x4.com/forums/vi...4c23dc7bca49fe

Matt, this sounds fun! I see that you guys are running Jacoby Canyon, Gold Mountain, and John Bull... Do you have a start time set yet? Are you running the trails in that order?
                        Regards,
                        Randy

Comment

Matt, this sounds fun! I see that you guys are running Jacoby Canyon, Gold Mountain, and John Bull... Do you have a start time set yet? Are you running the trails in that order?
                          Correct,... start time is 9:00 am at camp. Would prefer you post on site to show others there that are not here and so on you will be on the run. But,... you can still show up as a guest of the Rebel Chapter and be welcomed to be with us as well. Also, in the Gold Mountain rock gardens will be a rig/wheel stacking event for all running this trail with the logo flag for pictures for the web site as well as just plain four wheeling fun and going on the official gold mountain RTI ramp. I am gonna stop here this is not my thread....
                          ....MATT....
                          Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 08-31-10, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Randy,Hanna Flats is a nice clean camp and the host is great.Hope we see ya up there.
                            Dennis and Tammy
                            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Hello, I'm new to MJR but was planning a trip up there this weekend as well. I'm planning to run 3N16 (stock YJ) and maybe a couple blue marked trails if I can find any. My lady and I are camping out along the trail where ever we find a good spot to pull off. Feel free to let us know how to get in touch or PM as we'd love to have someone else to run with up there.

Thanks!
                              USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                              X