Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Buttes-Sawtooth-Fairview

I went out today with Dennison to check out the Jeep and make sure the oil leaks were finally gone. We headed out to Cougar Buttes for some play time at Box Canyon and the rockpile. Lots of lizards including several chuckwalla. A beautiful warm day in the desert.

Awesome shot of a nice sized Chuckwalla

Box Canyon

Rock Pile area I am starting to see things like this and thinking of a line thru. Where did that come from?

We then headed over to Sawtooth Canyon to see the progress of the concrete pads for the campsites. We also saw more Chuckar and a few of the rock climbers.

We then crossed from Hwy247 west to Fairview Valley to visit Scott & Lesa and Max & Nicole. A peaceful 1 1/2 hour putt in a quiet remote area

You see the strangest things in the desert!

And I just love my new camera!!! Love this shot from today

Last edited by Mitch; 08-22-10, 09:17 PM.

nice pictures! looks like a great day out there. was it hot?

wish you were on that buttes night run. id have liked to seen the great88 version 2.0 your rig is looking sweet!
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Troy,

It was hot at times, but thats the desert. Some neat areas that are a little off the regular path. The night Buttes thing is not good for me. I don't like that suprise back wheel 4 feet into the air thing. You looked comfy and nice.

Daytime, I'm on it. Looking to play follow the leader. Some new ideas.

Comment

Mitch,when you came from BF and headed to Box Canyon did you notice the grey Dodge truck with the EZ-UP over it to your right?
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Dennis,

I saw the truck and commented to Dennison that that was the way I used to camp when I had my truck. Set up the canopy, back the truck under and pull out the cooler and a chair. Good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            Dennis,

I saw the truck and commented to Dennison that that was the way I used to camp when I had my truck. Set up the canopy, back the truck under and pull out the cooler and a chair. Good to go.
            I didn't reconize your Jeep at 1'st,then I remembered you started blacking it out. I waved but it was prob. to late,wife and I took a night off to be under the stars.:censor::tongue:
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Mitch, your Jeep is looking great. I like the color change.
              I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Troy,

It was hot at times, but thats the desert. Some neat areas that are a little off the regular path. The night Buttes thing is not good for me. I don't like that suprise back wheel 4 feet into the air thing. You looked comfy and nice.

Daytime, I'm on it. Looking to play follow the leader. Some new ideas.

haha yeah it helps that ive been so tippy i didnt dare shift my wight to the other butt cheek. after i experience that, nothing phases me except seeing other people get tippy.
                wanted to hit the rattlesnake with you guys but ive got some leaks ive got to fix
                KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Mitch took a look at the place today after our conversation last night. They had quite a few guys working. The chucker were also out. It will be a nice place when they are done for sure.
                  Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X