Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Rubicon w/ Jeepers Jamboree 2010

Hey there every one, Josh here.

Well, this has been a dream trip for my buddy Dennis and I. Some thing we have talked about back when we were stationed @ Camp Pendleton. Planning started @ the Hill Street Coffee House on the weekends while drooling over JP/ Peterson's/ other off road magazines that had coverage of the Rubicon trail. Fast forward 12 years later, & updated from a CJ to a TJ & here we are...

Dennis @ 4:30am ready to hit the road.

Reflecting the Rubicon on the Rubicon.

Finally get a shot of my Jeep crossing into Rubicon Spriings.

First morning @ Rubicon springs right out our tent door.

Macro flowers.

Enjoying our last sunset not wanting to leave.

We were the first to break the trail on Sunday morning leaving camp by 4:30am. A little camera trickery for a lighter pic. Being our first trip we had no idea what to expect on Cadillac hill. Cant say it was hard, but it was a little exciting heading up on our own in the dark. To be truthful there were a couple of spots I had to pull my shorts out of my back side....

Heading down the 89 to the 395. The Jeep worked perfectly with 0 problems the entire trip there, across the trail, and back home. Really amazing to be able to fly down the freeway, crawl across the rocks with relative ease, then back home on the freeway again.

Sorry, I did not get any action flex shots. Found myself a little busy behind the wheel and having way too much fun wheeling to stop for poser shots. I will steal some pics from Dennis when I get them & add a link when I get it. Here is a link to all the shots I have.
    http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow
    Last edited by snydercj7; 07-26-10, 12:09 PM.
    Build it right the first time.

How deep were the water crossings between cadillac hill and the main road?

About a month ago they were about rocker panel deep. Not too bad, but the number of them made me want something better than the stock airbox.

Sweet pics!
    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Awesome. Now I have something else to make me dream about the Rubicon. Hopefully it doesn't take me 12 years to get there!
      -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
        How deep were the water crossings between cadillac hill and the main road?

About a month ago they were about rocker panel deep. Not too bad, but the number of them made me want something better than the stock airbox.

Sweet pics!
        The water is receding; this picture was taken on July 9 at about the deepest part of the trail:

This picture was taken a week later (on July 15) at a different spot but this was typical of the water depths that we found on the trail that week:

BTW, I think that the stock airbox has a higher intake than aftermarket air intakes so if you're concerned about drowning your engine, you need to think about getting a snorkel.
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

I am running the Rubicon next month.
          06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Here are the others promised.
            http://s798.photobucket.com/albums/y...%20Run%202010/

Comment

Way cool

I'm soooo jealous Josh!
              Past 12 years and counting for me...
              Someday........
              I was surprised to see you don't have the top down & the windshield down. "That's how a Jeep is sposed to be driven"
              Ha!
              Looks like you had a good time. Thanks for posting it up for the vicarious.

Scott

Comment

You missed out Scott. Time put the tile saw down & get on the trail. Sorry to disappoint with the top & windshield. We had a blast any way & it was nice coming through Mammoth during a massive rain shower.

Comment

Working...
                X