Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Night time fire roading fun

Curtis and me had wanted to do a night run for awhile now, so today was the day. Thanks Curtis for leading and Flatout, Bullysteve, Ratpatrol, Dirtman13, Mike, Mr Bash and Nwoods for coming out. The trails were in good shape and definitely something different to run at night. We all had a ball and outside a folded exhaust pipe, a leaking powersteering hose and a punctured tire everything went very well. We started around 7.30 pm and got done at about 1.45 AM when we aired up and said our goodbyes. What more to say night time fireroading is a blast.

Last edited by aw12345; 07-25-10, 12:13 PM.

Art,

Sounds like another fun fire road run! I was bummed that I couldn't go. After the Friday night run and the Jeep puking more oil, I need the front main seal replaced before I'm back out on the trail. I hope that Shant wasn't scared with all of those big bad ass rigs all on one trail together. Next time.

Mitch

Comment

Curtis,
      Thanks for leading this night run. THat was a blast and it was good to see everyone again.
      I have pics and vids; the pics are up, the vid will have to wait. Gotta work!

THe rear guard

Sun saying good night... run

Going in

The first of the carnage. Is the exhaust pipe suposed to point forward??

Toward the end of Motino.

From ther we headed out to 2N01/38 via some easy little fire roads, one of which ate my front tire. I didn't get any more pics after Motino but there flashes going off all night so someone did.

Thanks again guys, it was fun!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Had a great time last night. Thanks for all the fun and laughs. It was great to see the excellent work that Chuck,Kurt and Fred have done to there jeeps and how well they flex and climb. Mitch don't worry about Shant he can hang in there with the big boys.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

What a good time! Thanks for having Sharon and I along. We didn't get many photos, but here's a few of the better ones:

The sunset was nice and provided some great views:

At the same time an almost full moon was rising:

Nathan on Mottino Wash:

Kurt having an Oops!:
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

That was a blast. I drove poorly, but had a big grin anyway. Some days you feel it, some days you get hit by it :-)

My head hit the pillow at 3:45AM. Wow.

Here are my few images:

The line up. Some very fine hardware in this group. Our little LJ was the least built of the bunch. Mike's TJ is similar in size/lift/tires, but better armored...which really matters on a trail like Mottino!

I'm not sure if its the dust causing the orange glow....but I liked the shot.

Down the 2N01 towards Rattlesnake Canyon. Full moon!

Chuck's newly rebuilt CJ cruised through everything so fast, I couldn't get a good shot of it:

My view for most of the night:

It was hot down in the canyon, but...?

The moon was awesome
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

night run

thanks for the pics guy,s .looks like you all had a lotta fun .perfect night for it .p.s. hey curtis ,how do i get on the guest list ??.

Comment

Just let Curtis know you are up for some fun and carnage:devil:

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Looks like a fun run, hope to make the next one.[/COLOR]

Comment

Well Mike we are hoping you lead the next one on crazy 8 or something fun like that. Sound like a plan?

Comment

Alycia and I had a great time. Haven't had a chance to check my pics. Been to busy. Thanks for having us.

Nathan, everything go ok with the pipe?:hide:
                      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        Alycia and I had a great time. Haven't had a chance to check my pics. Been to busy. Thanks for having us.

Nathan, everything go ok with the pipe?:hide:
                        What pipe? I'm sure no one in MY household knows what you might be talking about...
                        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Great run, great drivers, bad a$$ Jeeps!!!

Thanks Curtis for leading the run and it was great seeing some familiar faces and some new ones.

As Art stated, On the Rocks & Crazy 8 Night Run is calling...

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Yea the God Father of Bullfrog,it's your destiny to lead a night run
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I concur Curtis, the king of Cougar Buttes ought to dust the red TJ of and lead us a cool night run

Comment

Working...
                              X