Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 3rd (or 4th??) Annual Jacoby/3N16/3N14 Night Run

Well, the 3rd (or 4th??)Annual Jacoby/3N16/3N14 Night Run turned out to be an awesome little run. Lesa and I (avjeepfreek) met up with Mitch and Dennison (Great88) and Dan and Steph (VVJeepFreek) Roger and Jeri lyn at the Valero in Lucerne Valley about 7pm. We headed up to the trail head at Jacoby Canyon and got there by 7:30 were we met John and Kristi (Nipple Twister). We aired down and waited til about 8pm to head up Jacoby. It was a beautiful night and we had an awesome full moon to guide us. We made it to the top of Jacoby and stopped at the Holcomb Mineing area along Holcomb Valley Rd (6N16) to do a little star gazing. We then headed down 3N16 past the Holcomb Valley Camp Ground to 3N14. About half way down 3N14 we were greated by a large Skunk in the roadway and it seemed that he wanted to lead the trail ride for a bit. We followed him down the trail (From a good distance!!) for about a 1/4 mile until he had had enough of the line of Jeeps following him and he decided to "Exit Stage Right!" into the bushes with his tail straight up in the air.

About a mile up the road we ran into another Jeep headed toward us, turns out it was REED and Andy, who were also signed up to ride with us. They told us they had some Jeep trouble with Reed's XJ and missed us at the Valero by about 10 minutes. They ran back to Andy's and got his New JK and figured they'd head up 3N14 from Apple Valley and try and catch us. and we stopped of at the Big Pines Camp groung for a much needed potty break, We all headed the rest of the way back down 3N14 into Apple Valley by about 1am. We aired up, said our goodbye's and headed home.

Thanks to all who attended! Feel free to post pic's if you got any!

All in all it was a great night for a trail ride! Got to hang out with some great old friends and met some great new friends as well!

Until the next one!

Scott and Lesa
    Last edited by avjeepfreek; 07-24-10, 12:02 PM.
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Another great run......

......with the MJR group. We had a absolute blast everyone, can't think of anyplace we would have rather have been with such a fun group of wheelers....was a perfect run blessed with perfect weather......

John & Kristi

Comment

Thanks John, We had a blast! Great to see you a Kristi again!! We need to get togeather again soon!

Scott

Comment

Scott,

Thank you for setting up this great trip again. Perfect weater, clear skies with a full moon and great views of Venus, Saturn, and Jupiter! What a nice group to spend the evening with. This trip is always geared towards families and lots of visiting time. A pleasant change from smashing rocks. Although some insist on posing! Too funny

Thanks all

Mitch & Dennison

Working on a new look.

Trailhead Jacoby Canyon

Following John and Kristi

John's yellow rock lights were very cool

Roger with Jessica

Jeri Lynn

Dan in the Grand Cherokee

Great88

A video of Dan and then John and Kristi

Last edited by Mitch; 07-24-10, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Looks fun. Wish we could have made it, would have been a good first run with everyone.
          -Justin

Comment

Thanks Scott for hosting another great night run! I really had a great time with everyone! It was especially nice to see VVjeepfreak Dan, Stephanie, and kids. I thought Dan must have sold his Jeep and moved to New jersey or someplace!

Jeri lyn brought two friends with her and her Jeep was crowded. So I told her that I had an open front seat if anyone in her group wanted to ride in my Jeep, they were welcome to. Jessica decided that it would be better than being crammed in Jeri lyn's back seat. I even had her drive quite a distance. Her dad taught her well.

As Paul Harvey used to say: "Now you know the rest of the story."
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks, Scott. We had a great time; sorry we had to take off early.

Roger, Jessica had a blast driving and riding. Thanks for letting her ride with you.
              Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Thanks for the ride guys. Andy and I were bummed to miss Jacoby canyon but we enjoyed meeting up with you guys on the trail and getting a chance to talk and hang out with everyone.

I swapped a new battery in on Saturday and my XJ ran fine, so I think I'm ready for the next run.

~Reed

Comment

Reed,

Anytime you and Andy want to hit the trail, let me know! If I'm off, I'm in!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                    Reed,

Anytime you and Andy want to hit the trail, let me know! If I'm off, I'm in!

Scott
                    I'm off for about 3 more weeks and I'm game for anything that's relatively local. I need to get my '95Cherokee running and sold, but I can work on that any day I'm not using the 2000.

Let me know if you or anyone else wants to go out. I'm game.

Thanks,

~Reed

Comment

Working...
                    X