Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Santa Ana Road

Does anybody know if Santa Ana Road connects with Alder Creek Rd and can you get through to Hwy 330?
    I was out doing some Geocaching thru the Big Bear area and decided to go down Clarks Grade to Seven Pines Rd which lead me to Santa Ana Rd. I came to a gate as I was decending down towards the canyon bottom, I must have made a wrong turn. Ran out of daylight so I had to back track and go out via Seven Oaks and Hwy 38......does this make any sense to anyone?
    John & Kristi

John,

I'll have a forest map with me tonight. Let's look it over while we are meeting up at the Valero station. I need it see exactly where you were.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Kristi.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

It used to go through. If you're coming down Clark's, you go right just before you go through the gate that dumps you out by the bridge. Or you can go right further up, through Clark's Ranch, and across Seven Pines (not to be confused with Seven Oaks) to where it re-joins the road that heads west. I think its 1N09. That road goes up and meets 330 just below Running Springs, but its been quite a while since I've done it.
      [COLOR="Red"]Dusty Sharp[/COLOR]
      Poison Spyder Customs
      951-849-5911
      Connect with us on:
      Facebook / Myspace

Comment

Santa Anna to City Creek Road to 1n09 if memory serves me right
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Excellent........

......thanks gentlemen for your info.....I will add that to the route soon and let you know what I find. Again Thanks......
          John & Kristi

Comment

1N09 is open again and goes to 330. It had been closed but opened up just after fathers day.

Comment

Working...
            X