Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 4/25/4 Big Bear run

Thinking about a nice drive in the Big Bear woods on Sunday.

Destinations under consideration include:

John Bull Trail
    Dishpan Springs
    Holcomb Creek

Exact route is open for negotiation. Tentative meet is Vons parking lot 0800. CB Channel 4

Tentative list includes

YJ 2.5L on 35's
    XJ 4.0L on 33's

[COLOR=red]Moved to Trail Rides[/COLOR]

I will be toting the D35 axleshafts along if you'd like to look or buy.
    Last edited by jmbrowning; 04-23-04, 11:32 AM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Dishpan Springs (3N34) is currently closed. If these rigs are locked, I can offer a nice trail you might like in that area
    Last edited by Old Fart; 04-23-04, 11:40 AM.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
      Dishpan Springs (3N34) is currently closed. If these rigs are locked, I can offer a nice trail you might like in that area
      oldfart, is 3n93, or john bull open?
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Both are. Ran Holcolmb (3N93) last Saturday, most of the group ran John Bull (I led the run to Gold Mountain)
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

I am going on this ride for sure. I missed the last ride on the 17th but I am going on this ride. Can somebody put the mapquest on this thread so I can see where I am suppose to meet everyone. thanks Rick.

Comment

bellyscaper, I'm not going on this run but I know Big Bear pretty well. Here is the Mapquest to Von's up there....

Von's in Big Bear

You guys have fun. I'll join you one of these times if I ever get all the bugs worked out of this 51 year old beast!!
            1953 M38A1
            A mix of original military history and dune running/rock crawling customization

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
              If these rigs are locked, I can offer a nice trail you might like in that area
              The XJ and YJ are both locked front and rear. What's the trail??
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Lower Larga. Go PAST the entrance to 3N93 off of 3N16, take 2N06X. It will connect back into 3N93 just before the east end.
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

Bellyscraper: The Missus and I are both looking forward to meeting you. Are you going to be staying in Big Bear the night before...or schlepping out from the Valley that AM?

The run will consist of:

Gold Mtn (3N69-3N69A-3N69)
                  to (3N16)
                  John Bull (3N02-3N10)
                  to (3N16-3N08)
                  Holcomb Creek (3N93)
                  out Lower Larga Flats (2N06X)
                  to 3N16 to Green Valley Lake Road

Comment

Hmm, I might be up for this... Looking for something to do tomorrow.

Any chance we can meet at the firestation in Fawnskin? That's where I like to drop the tow rig and trailer.

Comment

jmbrowning

Answering sat morning about 1030, by now you're on the trail. Great choice - have done that exact route many, many times!
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY

Comment

OldFart: Naw, I'm still in the Pacific timezone. We're heading out in the 'morrow. Thanks for the tip!

TommyJeep: We have to meet at Vons on account of the YJ is heading up from parts South and that is the predetermined rally point. Perhaps we could meet up at the trailhead to Gold Mtn or John Bull? If you are a definite, we don't mind hanging out at Von's till the Tommy Cam shows up. PM your mobile number if you have one.

Comment

BigBear trail ride, what time you all meeting at Vons Sunday morning 4-25-04 ??? Jeepster_69_69@yahoo.com
                          Jeepster_69_69

Comment

I'm making the decision now to go up this evening or leave at 4 am in the morning.But I'm packed.

Comment

We are meeting at eight am at Vons right?.

Comment

Working...
                              X