Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Azusa Canyon (aka Con. Canyon, Axle Snapper, U-joint Crusher)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: VIDEO: Azusa Canyon (aka Con. Canyon, Axle Snapper, U-joint Crusher)

Azusa Canyon is a nice place to goto if you want to stay local to the LA Area. Not much (if any) of rock crawling in this place but if you like mud this is the place to be (I don't like mud).

I believe there are trout in the SGV River so fishing opportunities do exit.

For the record...The last time I went to Azusa was in 2006 and I drove out with a broken transmission mount.

This time Khoren drove/got pushed out with a broken transmission.

The video is on facebook but I think anybody can see it with-out having to have a facebook account.

Enjoy

[COLOR="DarkRed"]VIDEO OF AZUSA CANYON[/COLOR]

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

ok NEVERMIND. It looks like you must have a facebook account to watch it. Sorry bout that.

I'll leave it posted for the facebookers

Comment

Shant,

Always a good time when you go out. Khoren is is a riot! Thanks for sharing.

Mitch

Comment

I call Azuza Canyon "Convict Canyon" cuz of all the houligans that hang out up there...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

cool video and great editing. that wall looks fun. i think i might have to go out there and try that soon.

why didnt you do it Shant? just out of curiosity.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
            cool video and great editing. that wall looks fun. i think i might have to go out there and try that soon.

why didnt you do it Shant? just out of curiosity.
            I tried it once and as soon as I felt that the TJ's rollbar was a magnet to the floor...figured it a bad idea.

That wall is not for two doors. You know the waterfall at Dishpan....this one's steeper.
            Last edited by MrBash; 07-13-10, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              I call Azuza Canyon "Convict Canyon" cuz of all the houligans that hang out up there...
              As the title states (aka Con. Canyon...)

Something about people flying around the dirt roaring their V8 engines and letting their mud boggers kick dirt in the faces of the bystanders I just did not appreciate much.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Shant,

Always a good time when you go out. Khoren is is a riot! Thanks for sharing.

Mitch
                Thanks Mitch.

Comment

Nice video. I enjoyed the commentary
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

One of the funniest things that i've seen in person dealing with off roading was when I was at Azusa and it was a busy day. 90% of those that go there have pretty much zero understanding of what we do.. These are a different breed. Mostly of a different language as well.
                    It was hilarious to see late 70's and early 80's full size chevy's with 44's + and 12" lifts (leaf over's of course) and stickers that say Boracho! try to navigate through the mud pits, just to get stuck just to have another chevy try to pull them out and break as well. That wasnt the funny stuff. The funny stuff is watching stock cj's and zuk's go out and putt all over the place and go in the mud next to these stuck full sizes, see whats wrong, get back in their rigs and do donuts around these stuck dinosaurs,and putt back to hard dirt..
                    Literally running circles around these stupid looking pick a part built/stolen part chooont mobiles.

hilarious.
                    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I'll stand up for those trucks..sorry but my 77 half ton with 1 ton 8 lugs under it 7 inch leaf packs on 35's and a detroit walked past more than a couple jeeps in the deep stuff. It's not the truck..

Those 70s early 80's chevy's before they went with that crap front end they run now were solid trucks...but it doesn't take much to watch the videos of Azusa canyon you see a lot of nozzles.

PS

Fun video I didn't even know there was that much in Azusa lol
                      Last edited by ocTJ; 07-14-10, 03:58 PM.
                      Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X