Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: First time on the cleghorn trail

Well you all are used to this trail I'm sure,but this was a first for about three out of 5 rigs. Three XJ's and 2 ZJ's includeing my self. The weather was nice and cool a little warm but, good wheelin weather. My rig survived the offshoot runs with just a little bumper trim and the pass rear fender was pushed out from the 15x10 rims not being able to tuck as much. I was in line hittin it with the 4HI in and when I came to the ledge (sorry one of the people I met had the camera and video I'm working on more memory for mine to show a little picture. I was almost stuck climbing up a good hill rock area and nothing was happening so I realized now would be a good time to put it in 4Lo. Big difference I walked right up no problem. My gears are stock on 33" ared down to about 15lbs. Maybe one day I would be able to wheel with some of the seasoned people here. Now I see why you guys love this sport so much. I seen some areas that were going over brush and I though about what you guys say about staying on the trails. The little quads were all over this place. Anyway I had I real good time and I thanked steve in the black Xj from riverside for the tour. I finally broke my ZJ in right.

InlandZJ,

Glad you had fun. Good to hear that you had a good time.

Mitch
    Last edited by sarah; 07-12-10, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Cleghorn is a nice place to start working on wheelin skills. Some of the side trails of the Silverwood lake area and the Pinacles have some good starter areas

Comment

Thanks, I cant wait to run some of the other trails with water crossing also. I guess better late that never. I do need to trim and lift alittle more 1 in the rear and 1 3/4 in in the front and I should be good Haha! for now. I sit at almost 4" lift. slight drop in the front(the old spring sag deal settling.

Comment

Cleghorn is a great trail to start off at. I have taken a few rookies there to let them learn their rigs. I also use Wildomar OHV area to work with people. Second is great because one side has picnic and shade and there are Pit style toilets available.

Inland- it becomes addicting and with so many great places to see we are blessed. Just make sure as you go out that you tell people your are running with if you are uncomfortable. Listen to experienced drivers but dont let them talk you into anything you are not comfortable in doing.

Comment

Pikeman, that is great advise. You never want to drive beyond your comfort level, the rest of us tend to forget this sometimes.

Comment

Working...
            X