Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: 3N14 / 3N16 / Jacoby 3N61

Dennison and I headed to Big Bear this morning for breakfast and to escape the desert heat. Friday it was 90' at 6:oopm so cooler temps sounded good. We left Apple Valley on JS3325 (Coxey Truck Trail) which turns into 3N14 heading to Fawnskin. The temperature was perfect with a nice cloud cover and scattered sprinkles all day.

3N14

We went thru Fawnskin stopping at the Discovery Center and the Solar Observatory on our way to the "Grizzley Manor" for an awesome breakfast. We then walked around the Village for bit. As we drove towards the dam I made a quick stop at the old Dam Keepers stone house. Very historic and very cool!

Next we looped back thru Fawnskin to 3N16 and cruised across Holcomb Valley. The sight of the fire destruction and the beautiful flowers and new growth is real weird.

To finish the day we ran down Jacoby Canyon. After several hours of dirt roads the ole YJ wanted to flex and stretch it's legs a bit.

Last edited by Mitch; 07-12-10, 06:12 AM.

Lookin Good Mitch. Wish I could just "run up the Hill" like you do. I kept looking toward the mountains all day hoping some of them clouds would build up and dump some rain. Nothing better than driving BB in the rain. Thanks for the pics.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Looks like another awesome day in the mountains. The weather was purfect. I was riding mountain bikes at snow summit all day and the weather was nice and the clouds kept it really cool. Thanks for another great report Mitch.

Chris

Comment

Must have just missed you. A friend and I ran Gold Mountain to Jacoby thismorning. Started at about 10 am.
        -Justin

Comment

Those are great pics....Looks like a great day of wheeling and enjoying the local mountains...Thanks for posting.

Comment

Looks like a great day Mitch, cant beat getting away from the heat this time of year.
            An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

What the flex Mitch? Nice poser pic flexing it out.

Comment

Still a lot of trails to check out in the mountains. Can't wait.

VVjeepfreak??????? Didn't you use to go on Jeep runs years ago? Hmmmmm Name sounds familar
                Last edited by Mitch; 07-12-10, 02:14 PM.

Comment

It was a nice weekend up there. I can never get enough of Big Bear !! I took my daughter camping Sat night. We stayed at Big Pine campground, at the intersection of 3n14 and 3n16. We took off Sun morning and saw Fishpoet in Fawnskin prepping for some trail maintenance in Holcomb Creek.
                  Kurt T.
                  94 ZJ, 4X4, 5.2, 31's, open diff's.

Comment

Working...
                  X