Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Willow Creek to Deep Creek

Haven't been on a real fire road for such a long time, it felt great to get out on an easy trail and just relax.

Took my father in-law and his buddy out for a little ttrail ride through willow creek and then to deep creek at the entrance of Dishpanfor a little swimming, barbeque and fishing.

What a blast they had, uncluding myself.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

We caught three trout,gutted them, marinated em and ate them right then and there. Nuthin like Fresh Fish.

Too much fire road drivingso I couldnt help myself. Hadto get a leg up on these two boulders..

Hwy 18 is filled with these yellow flowers and they smelled great. The sight was beautiful

Comment

Very nice. Looks like a great day. I just came back from our place in Green Valley Lake. Weather up there is just gorgeous.

Comment

WOW! Is there that much water running through there all summmer? I would love to take my boy fishing over there. Does anyone have GPS coord's for this area? I've never gone to Dishpan.
        My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

Comment

Start of Dishpan is of the end of Hook Creek rd in Lake Arrowhead You can mapquest it. Also yes it always gas quite a bit of water in summer. It's a favorite swimming and for some brave souls a diving spot

Comment

Shant you do know how to enjoy the day. PEACE BRO!
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Shant,

Looks like a fun time as always. You really know how to enjoy life. Thanks for the pictures.

Mitch

Comment

Those flowers are called Spanish Broom. They have an extensive root system to help hold the soil. Deep Creek is great this time of year. I got to spend the day at work in South Daggett digging holes... oh the joy.

Steve

It's nice to see you're being safe while smoking.
                Last edited by alittleoff; 07-07-10, 07:05 PM.
                All slow and no show

Comment

Originally posted by alittleoff View Post
                  It's nice to see you're being safe while smoking.
                  It's interesting to me that you actually noticed that. I figured if the wind blew the charcoal off the hookah top then it would land in the water.

Other times we cover the top with foil so the charcoal doesn't blow around but this time the hookah in the water was a better idea.

The Spanish Broom flowers are all over the place on HWY 18. I've never seen them before.

Comment

Years & years ago prolly in the same spot, I could have done the same thing "maybe", but don't remember.
                    All slow and no show

Comment

Were is that first Picture taken from and how do you get there its looks like e great spot!

Comment

Originally posted by LalosPalo View Post
                        Were is that first Picture taken from and how do you get there its looks like e great spot!
                        That would be the unpaved section of HWY 173 that goes up into Lake Arrowead from Hesperia/Lake Silverwood

GPS Coordinates
                        34.336491,-117.245235

Comment

That looks like a great area to spend a day. I showed it to my girlfriend and now she keeps bugging me to take her there. Could I bother you for directions? Maybe a GPS location?
                          -Justin

Comment

34.2694,-117.129133

Comment

Very cool, thank you.
                              -Justin

Comment

Working...
                              X