Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: John Bull to Deep Creek

I'm planning on running John Bull (east to west) on Thursday the 15th. I'll be solo with the Bash-mobile and my fishing pole.

I'm definitely firing up the grill for lunch at the peak of John Bull (yes, I'll have a fire permit).

After John Bull I will traverse through 3N16 to wheel down Dishpan Springs to fish in deep creek south of the bridge.

If you would like to join, I'll be at John Bull Trail head at 11:00am where 3N10 and 3N02 meet.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Hi Shant, some of us poor folks gotta work ya know.
    Have fun

Comment

Shant,
      Sounds great. I can't go cuz the Jeep is not completely ready yet. But have a great time, and be safe. The trails are great, Dishpan is a little slippery with sluff on the obstacles.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

man thats the perfect day! have fun. looking forward to your pictures
        KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

normally I would say yes. I have thursday off. Next thursday though I am going kayaking at channel islands near santa barbara.

have fun and be safe on the deep creek decent of hell.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Hey Shant,
            What time we talking 'bout?
            I have a Jeep & a fishin pole. Not sure if I can make it yet...but maybe.
            If you check my avatar, you'll notice I get the two mixed up! :tongue:

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
              normally I would say yes. I have thursday off. Next thursday though I am going kayaking at channel islands near santa barbara.

have fun and be safe on the deep creek decent of hell.
              Kayaking at Channel Islands sounds great. It can get rough out there though in the afternoon times. Have fun and be safe.

If plans change you know where I'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                Hey Shant,
                What time we talking 'bout?
                I have a Jeep & a fishin pole. Not sure if I can make it yet...but maybe.
                If you check my avatar, you'll notice I get the two mixed up! :tongue:

Scott
                Scott,

I'll be at John Bull Trailhead 3N10 and 3N02 and 11:00am.

Comment

Don,t ya need a fishing liscence? Not to sure of the Ca. law,s on that. It would be just my luck to have a 4 pound trout on my hook and ranger Smith hidin in a bush..lol..sounds like a fun day!!
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Yeah you need a fishing lic just about eveywhere in CA. There is a DFG ranger who patrols the back country, super nice guy as long as you follow the rules..
                    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                      Don,t ya need a fishing liscence? Not to sure of the Ca. law,s on that. It would be just my luck to have a 4 pound trout on my hook and ranger Smith hidin in a bush..lol..sounds like a fun day!!
                      Yes you need a fishing license and the only thing that sucks about fishing in Deep Creek is that the limit is 2 fish. I practically fish all day and throw back what I catch. Actually I don't throw it back, I gently place them back in the creek so they don't get all dazed and confused lol.

Comment

I've heard fishing without a license comes with a heafty fine if you get caught.
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                          I've heard fishing without a license comes with a heafty fine if you get caught.
                          $1,000 fine to be exact

Comment

Is Deep Creek barbless hook?
                            How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

From DGF website

(55) Deep Creek (San Bernardino Co.) from headwaters at Little Green Valley to confluence of Willow Creek.
                              Season: All year.

Restrictions: Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used.

Limit: 2
                              John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                              X