Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll be there this year!! looking forward to it!! my fave trail of the year. i have some great pics from a couple years ago on www.myspace.com/mobounce
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]Chris :beer:
    Poison Spyder Custom, it's a beast!![/COLOR]

Comment

Just talked to the ranger station again. Looks like Swamp is still closed due to muddy conditions and they don't have a planned date for opening. The ranger I spoke with said "Hopefully by August', whatever that means... Coyote is open though.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Coyote, Mirror, Strawberry and Bald are all open. Swamp and dusy are still closed. Hopefully they will open soon. If any snow is still there, they do not open them.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
          Coyote, Mirror, Strawberry and Bald are all open. Swamp and dusy are still closed. Hopefully they will open soon. If any snow is still there, they do not open them.

Yeah, and strangely enough, Niagra Rim trail is open. It's way higher and further North than Swamp. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            Yeah, and strangely enough, Niagra Rim trail is open. It's way higher and further North than Swamp. Go figure.
            Did that run last week, no sign of snow on the trail, but there was some snow still hanging around on the mountains a little higher up.

Comment

I got chains, let's rock it!
              [COLOR=DarkGreen]Chris :beer:
              Poison Spyder Custom, it's a beast!![/COLOR]

Comment

Swamp is supposed to open this week. Dusy should be very soon also. If there is mud or snow on either trail, they keep them closed. They do not want any excess damage on the trail.

Comment

Swamp is supposed to open this week. Dusy should be very soon also. If there is mud or snow on either trail, they keep them closed. They do not want any excess damage on the trail.
                  I just got the same info a minute ago, but thanks for posting. Can't wait to get back to the Sierras.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]If you could send another post when the Dusy & Swamp opens would be appreciated. I'm hoping to get up there soon and do a few of those trails.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Swamp is open now. A group of NAXJA and local jeepers when on a run this past weekend. It was cold at night but beautiful during the day. Snow was seen at Doris Lake. No mention of mud which is a good thing.
                      Joe Rojas
                      1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

If you have ever wanted to get to the Sierra's, this is a great way to see it. Same area as the Dusy but the trail is shorter.

Here are some recent pics of the area.

http://infectiousoffroad.com/PHPBB3/...hp?f=15&t=1125
                        Last edited by igofshn; 08-18-10, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Comment

If you have ever wanted to get to the Sierra's, this is a great way to see it. Same area as the Dusy but the trail is shorter.
                            I unexpectedly got a free pass for the weekend and this looks inviting.

Do you know if the Saturday Swamp lake out and back is booked up yet.

Mike
                            "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

This is a great run. Both swamp runs are available. You can register on site. Russ Chung is also going.

Comment

Working...
                              X