Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Motino wash revisited

Got home Sunday morning about 3am, when my son let me know that we were going to Motino wash with Missy and Billy. Scott in his wife's 88 cherokee,open axle,Billy with his 2000 cherokee long arm open axle, and missy in her new Rubicon unlimited. And of course me in my weapon of choice, the Cuiser.

It was a beautiful day;

As I led our little group into the valley of death;

Sott had a little problem

Scott thinking long arms?

Missy rockin

But Billy's long arm walked right on through

Scott and missy enjoying their time together

Missy in her Rubicon

We got through the to the end of the trail, when Billy's tie rod broke on the last obstacle. Time was 3:45pm and was looking forward to Nick's pizza, and a cool beer. No spare tie rod, so off Scott and I went to the house to get another one. Two hours later we made it home, grab the rod and then two hours later made it back. The old Cruiser looked like a pre runner going through the canyon. 8:15 made it back and made repairs in a few minutes. Then led our group back in the dark. 11pm ,ade it to Del Taco's for dinner, and alot of laughing. Definitly a long day, but one we won't soon forget. Never saw another soul in the canyon.

That all folks;

Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 06-16-10, 05:40 AM. Reason: adding

Your family turned that into quite the adventure Kevin.
    Took a little longer than the 50 mins or so it took me awhile back when I putted through there by myself.
    Family outings are pretty darn cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Your family turned that into quite the adventure Kevin.
      Took a little longer than the 50 mins or so it took me awhile back when I putted through there by myself.
      Family outings are pretty darn cool though.
      Yeah this was Missy 2nd trip in her Rubi, 1st was the Hairy crack, You know which trail I'm talking about. Manage to get all three stuck, but I didn't have any problems. Something about 37's was the word. I have no idea what they were talking about. Open axles, and 32's with open axles make it a little more challenging.

Comment

Well, if you run the hairy crack trail some time again let me know that was a fun day when we all ran that thing, did it on 32's but cheated with lockers. Would love to head out there again, by the way how is Max doing these days?

Comment

Kevin,

Looks like a fun day out there. The trail is getting easier with the constant stacking and the rocks breaking down. Nice to see the family runs! Too bad they made you lift up that Jeep all by yourself!!!!!LMAO

Comment

Art,

Our friend Maxwell is doing well. He doesn't get on here very often so I thought I'd let you know. Max has finally gotten very busy at work and is in LA mon-fri busting butt. I talk to him once or twice a week. And the "Crack" is calling. I might do a little "Crack" this weekend while in the neighborhood. I will let you know.

Mitch

Comment

Now that is a heck of an incentive to finish putting my Jeep back together.

Comment

Great pics Kevin. Looks like a great day with the family. Broken parts and all.

Does the Hairy Crack still exist?
                Check out .

Comment

Hi Chuck it seems like it is still there waiting for you and the upgraded Jeep
                  It's been awhile since the Jeep dancing.

Comment

It's been to long Art. Now I know what a crackhead feels like. Are you up and running?
                    Check out .

Comment

Great pics and report Kevin,got to try that little fire road out when my little blue Jeep is ready.
                      Dennis and Tammy
                      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Looks like a good time Kevin. I swear that I can run the whole trail in about 30 minutes, but I have yet to run it in less than 5 hours so far. I'm not surprised that you got home so late. I'm glad that you had a good time though. The trail is tough.

Is Scott running his Aussie locker yet?
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

It still might need a battery but little yeller is all back together again. A month without my baby was way to long on the plus side I got some work done on my other Jeep.

Comment

Art, Good to hear ya got yer jeep back on track..been over a month since mine,s seen dirt!!! Good news is she,s ready for about anything now..
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Looks like a good time Kevin. I swear that I can run the whole trail in about 30 minutes, but I have yet to run it in less than 5 hours so far. I'm not surprised that you got home so late. I'm glad that you had a good time though. The trail is tough.

Is Scott running his Aussie locker yet?
                              Just got home from Bridgeport, Ca. No Scott hasn't put the aussie in yet, he's been busy installing his 8.8 rear end by himself. Just did a SYE, and then he has to get his drive shaft lengthen. Getting ready for a family run in August.

Comment

Working...
                              X