Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: John Bull Friday

Well it was a LONG day. I went up to John Bull for the second day in a row. Yesterday I was able to run a number of trails including John Bull.
    Today was a different story.
    I ran gold mountain for starters and there wasnt a vehicle in sight. Then when i got to the rock query I saw a super nicely built 4dr Jk. After about 5 minutes past the rock query it was hit the brakes. About 5 bronco's were blocking the trail and one of them had a busted u joint. About 15 minutes later we were moving.
    The JK pulled over for lunch and i continued behind the bronco's. Then after about 10 minutes they pull over, blocking the trail yet again and simply decide to have lunch. not asking if i'd like to pass. At first I thought someone had problems again, but upon inspection they simply blocked the trail. I got around them and headed on.
    I was good for about 10 minutes, then I ran into about 20 more bronco's lined up PROPERLY on the turn out from white mt to 3n10. I got to pass all of them. THANK GOD.
    Then it was smooth sailing to the gate keeper of john bull where there was yet again about 15 bronco's. They looked built but most of them were open. If they werent open they just couldnt find a line. they had SO much trouble. Down time 30 minutes. I couldnt wait anymore. I asked to pass through and I picked a line and went right through.
    An open cj7 was in there group and asked me if he could be behind me in case i needed to winch him. i said sure.
    I remember the days of open diffs and full throttle. makes for crowd excitement.. to say the least.

After about 5 minutes on I run into ANOTHER 10 bronco's blocking up the trail. down time 1 hr. THIS IS GETTING OLD.....
    After I got through that group I continued and finished JB with out a problem.
    Time to go home........

Last edited by brokenujoint; 06-12-10, 08:48 AM.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Actually you ran Gold Mountain, not white. Nice camera tilt on a couple of those pictures, it make's the obstacles appear a lot steeper.

Bummer to hear that the Bronco groups weren't real considerate of others. Sounds like a good weekend to avoid the area. John Bull can be a long trail if you get stuck behind questionable rigs or crumby drivers.
    '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

yeah the 4th pic is a little camera tilt. snapped with my camera phone. the rest are normal. thanks for the editing.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

You're still an animal! lol

Even though you had some down time, still great to hear that you got trhough all trails and had a good time. Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Traffic is the main reason I avoid John Bull on weekends. Night runs are always fun and weekday runs are a blast.

Maybe time to set up a Saturday night run on the John...

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Shant now you are talking, night run on JB is fun, I want to do Motino wash at night sometime soon also

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
            yeah the 4th pic is a little camera tilt. snapped with my camera phone. the rest are normal. thanks for the editing.
            Didn't intend to edit, I like the effect, the pic looks good.

I also like the Cocker on the tire...
            '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Working...
            X