Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Last Chance Canyon, May 31st

Running Last Chance Canyon tommorrow with a couple others, meeting time will be set later today.

I know it is short notice, if your interested, post up and once i get the time/meet will let ya know.
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Well for the weekend of Trail runs, me and the kids met up with a three toyota friends on Sat morning.

Started out running a Trail in the Rosamond area, with a couple water falls, and some teeter totter obstacles. The guys got lots of video on that trail. The exit waterfall was very challenging.

On the exit, actually got the Jeep pinned between the left rear top of the rollcage and rocks in front. Very tight spot. The Toyotas, all walked up the waterfall, made me think about stretching the jeep's wheelbase.

After Rosamond, we cruised up to Tehachapi to a friends private property and ran some obstacles up there. Went through a very entertaining squeeze between two boulders.

Monday morning we headed up to Red Rock, and basically ran every obstacle we could find, was a nice wind down for the weekend.

The trail in Rosamond was a serious ride. Total damage for the weekend, cage dented and trans linkage broken for me. 3" gash in a swamper sidwall for john's 4runner. Roger, Mike, and Jeff, survived with just new dents and dings in sliders.

Once I get all the vid/pics will get some loaded up.

The Rosamond trail was a real good find, challenging local trail on open blm land(checked maps/blm designations).

Got some work to do on the jeep but will be posting up a Rosamond trail run for those interested when its ready to go.

Comment

A group of us were running the trails in that area this weekend, but we were doing the easier routes.

We ran the upper part of Last Chance Canyon coming from Opal Canyon Rd.

If you've got some links to pics or video, please post that. I'm curious to see what the harder part of Last Chance Canyon looks like.

Christian
      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Our videographer was not present on Monday, and i let my son handle the camera, so all i got was sky/feet/jeep/sister, mix of pictures.

Still waiting on the video from Saturday to get uploaded. John is still editing.

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post
          Our videographer was not present on Monday, and i let my son handle the camera, so all i got was sky/feet/jeep/sister, mix of pictures.

Still waiting on the video from Saturday to get uploaded. John is still editing.
          Sounds like the Blair Witch Project.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll have to check on YouTube for videos. I'm sure there will be plenty there.

Christian
          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Working...
          X