Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalinIt View Post
    Awesome pictures man! Thanks for putting them up!
    Jeff, if I give you a disk, can you please make some copies of all the trip photos? This is the first trip that I didn't have my camera.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      OK we'll need a report on Yellow Jacket guys. I can't wait to hear how grown over it is this time. Last time I ran YJ with Jeff (ralleyX) was when Genright had thier wiener roast out there; we did a night run and the trail was a jungle. Completely grown over. We didn't get off the trail until almost 2 am. What a blast.
      Wow Kurt that was along time ago, i remember that night. That was a great night run
      moon buggy
      5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
        Wow Kurt that was along time ago, i remember that night. That was a great night run

That was such a great night. My stock Rubicon wouldn't make it down Yellow Jacket so I parked it and road with Stuart in his TJ. After that I was hooked and knew how I had to build our Jeep. Robin rode with Kurt and had a great time .

This was one of the best times we have had since we had the Jeep.

Here are a few pics from our night run in July of 2008.

RallyeX (Jeff)

This was a fun group and night

Lockwood

Yellow Jacket July 2008

My wife with your TJ

My little Yellow Jeep in 2008 that night.

My TJ last weekend

Comment

Yep! That was truely a great run on Miller, my favorite as a matter of fact. I kept the video that Robin shot on Yellow Jacket that night; its too funny. All you hear is her talking away, and the view is just dark, then hood, then lap, then hood, oooh a bush! Dark, dash board, hood, rock, for 10 minutes. Too damn funny. I got home at 4:45 the next morning. We have to do that again this summer.

edit: I just noticed, in the pic of my jeep from the rear, Robin is shooting that video right then.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Awesome pictures, Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              Nope . . . unfortunately the Squeeze is gone. They blasted the rock away so you can just drive right thru now. Hey Josh, if you see this . . . there was a H3T all blinged out with nice wheels there at Sunset Camp and a big ole Ford F350 was behind me on the upper part of Miller . . . come on out and get that Hummer of yours dirty . . . just don't drive it like a nut like you did the Jeep and you should be fine!
              Just Fyi, The H3T was still there broken(silver one yes?). An old friend of mine was coming down the trail backwards today after unsucessfully trying to help the guy out to recover it. Apparently the owner of the H3T-Bling, had a Jk-Bling, that broke as well but was able to get back out of the trail. Whoever built that H3T-Bling, ordered coilovers that were too long, then cut the shafts and rewelded on standard shock eyes and some hokey-pokey retainers for the coils.
              "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

White^
                It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post
                  Just Fyi, The H3T was still there broken(silver one yes?). An old friend of mine was coming down the trail backwards today after unsucessfully trying to help the guy out to recover it. Apparently the owner of the H3T-Bling, had a Jk-Bling, that broke as well but was able to get back out of the trail. Whoever built that H3T-Bling, ordered coilovers that were too long, then cut the shafts and rewelded on standard shock eyes and some hokey-pokey retainers for the coils.
                  Well I guess this isn't going to help me make a case for Josh to take his Hummer out there! That Hummer better get out of there quick . . . I can't imagine it'll take too long for the vandals and thieves to figure out the owners aren't just hiking or something . . . might not be so nice and blinged out by the time it's recovered if they don't hurry up. I sure wouldn't want my Jeep sitting out in the middle of a trail for a week.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Just got back from there and the Hummer is still there!! Great trails..definately my favourite yet!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X