Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Lytle Creek to Rightwood and beyond...

Carmen and I want to do some exploring back in the Lytle Creek area and then over the hill to Rightwood and beyond...

Does anyone have any Google Maps saved and/or Garmin GPS or GPX files of the area that they would be willing to share?

We would appreciate any and all input and assistance.

Best Regards,
    Randy "MyBrokenJeep"
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

You should call the Wrightwood rangers station before heading out that area. Last time I called a few months back the trails were closed due to a fire & rock slides.

Comment

Originally posted by rurockin View Post
      You should call the Wrightwood rangers station before heading out that area. Last time I called a few months back the trails were closed due to a fire & rock slides.

Great idea... We had planned to check with the rangers station...

We would like to make our trails map of the area and plan some "not so traveled" and "new to us" routes thru the area to get to know and appreciate it a little bit more...
      Regards,
      Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

Comment

As far as I know the only open trail between Lytle Creek and Wrightwood is Applewhite. Everything past Applewhite is closed due to the previous fires. You will come out at Lost Lake and can shoot up to Lone Pine Canyon Rd. from there. I would not even stop at Lost Lake, the type of people hanging out there has changed over the past few years.

Comment

Randy,

Shoot Mike a PM. He has some GPS files for that area.
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
            Randy,

Shoot Mike a PM. He has some GPS files for that area.
            Thanks Chuck... will do.
            Regards,
            Randy

Comment

I tried going thru applewhite on the way home from the basspro meet &greet, there was a closed gate there. i used that alot in the last 30 yrs. very suprised to find it closed!!
              Lost Lake funny my son and his friends now callit "Pickle Park"
              Rich.:gun:
              But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

There use to be a cool trail (pre fires years ago) that went from lytle creek to Saphire road in Rancho Cucamonga. It went across the face and ridges of the mountain and there were some great views of the valley. I am pretty sure there were some other trails that went to Mt baldy also up in the saphire area also. It was a nice close trail if you just wanted to get away but its been closed for a long time.

Comment

Don't pick Sat the 5th for your visit, at least not in the morning. Lytle Creek Road will be closed 0700L -0930L for the annual race.
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

We left the Meet and Greet and went through Applewhite with no problems or locked gates. We did leave Bass Pro around noon, maybe they closed the gate later for some reason. Just curious Rich, did you turn up Applewhite Rd. behind the campground or try to connect to it from another trail?
                    Last edited by calkid; 05-25-10, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X