Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Camping at Cougar Buttes

Got togeather with a few friends and played in Big Bear and JV this weekend.
    Went out Fri.night to JV and got stuck on Cambria Rd.

Had to unload Jeep to get out

Camp shot by OU812

Met up at Cactus flats for a run up Jacolby Cny. and Gold Mnt.

Can you see the 3 deer?

Jacolby Cny.

Didn't get to take any shots from Gold Mnt. cause I broke a shaft joint befofe I got to far.It tore up the shaft yoke when it broke so OU812,2blk2drs,and Taylor followed me back to camp.We had a great time and I'll see Gold Mnt. another day.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Dennis, sounds and looks like you all had a great time.except the breakage. and yes i see the deer,can't tell are any of them bucks?
    see ya saturday!!
    Rich.:gun:
    But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

Hey Rich,Yeah it was a great time,little windy but fun.Knew I would break some time just have to get some more extra parts for when it happens.
      No Bucks just Doe's,I missed them when they were on the road,that was a snap shot.
      Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Here is seans tierod fix. Drove home just fine.

And my ujoint failure...

We got them both fixed on Monday night so we are ready to wheel again. This weekend we are going to a NAXJA event in Big Bear.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

looks like a nice ride!

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
            Here is seans tierod fix. Drove home just fine.

We got them both fixed on Monday night so we are ready to wheel again. This weekend we are going to a NAXJA event in Big Bear.
            That looks like a Hi-Lift jack handle. I can't quite tell, is it welded on the tie-rod?
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Dennis,

Looks like a nice weekend. Always nice to get out!

Roger,

Highlift for sure, just slips over the tie rod after you bend it back into shape.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Dennis,

Looks like a nice weekend. Always nice to get out!

Roger,

Highlift for sure, just slips over the tie rod after you bend it back into shape.

Mitch
                Your right Mitch,on both.Scott,Sean,and Taylor went to play on Bullfrog and thats where they had thier prob's.Taylor got to play with his winch and the other two showed him trail maint.
                Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Sean said after we gave him a quick alignment in Dennis' driveway it drove better than it did on the way up there.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

We went up Jacoby as part of my Basic 4x4 Certification for the Forestry Service OHV Host program. We also started at Cactus Flats, but that was after a morning of classroom lectures.

Jacoby was a little rougher than the last few times I've been on it due to all of the rain and snow melt.

Apparently, we passed each other on Hwy 18 that afternoon. I was driving up to Big Bear and you were driving down to Cougar Buttes.

I must have been paying attention to something else when you went by and didn't realize it was you. Scott left me a message on my cell, but I didn't turn the phone back on until I was already back in Big Bear.

Christian
                    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
                      We went up Jacoby as part of my Basic 4x4 Certification for the Forestry Service OHV Host program. We also started at Cactus Flats, but that was after a morning of classroom lectures.

Jacoby was a little rougher than the last few times I've been on it due to all of the rain and snow melt.

Apparently, we passed each other on Hwy 18 that afternoon. I was driving up to Big Bear and you were driving down to Cougar Buttes.

I must have been paying attention to something else when you went by and didn't realize it was you. Scott left me a message on my cell, but I didn't turn the phone back on until I was already back in Big Bear.

Christian
                      We were on the dump road airing up when we saw your group go by,Then saw you down on Cactus Flats on our way down.I got you on the radio but just for a sec.Hope you had a good time up there,see ya soon.
                      Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                        We were on the dump road airing up when we saw your group go by,Then saw you down on Cactus Flats on our way down.I got you on the radio but just for a sec.Hope you had a good time up there,see ya soon.
                        Oh...now I understand when you saw me.

It was at the beginning of our adventure. I thought it was at the end after we aired up at the dump road.

We did have a great time and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Christian
                        "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Working...
                        X