Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Drink Water Flats - Fire Roads

Well, I finally got back the CJ7, and wanted to see what the little lockers, and gears did for drivability. My buddy and I decided to take some fire roads from Saugus, to Lake Hughes and back. Had a blast! The Jeep runs great! Thanks ART! The first pics are from the pick up of my Jeep, and the last ones are from the trails.

Here's my first stop on the way home to get these nasty Swampers balanced.

Some shots on the way back from Arts house.

I added some TJ fenders I got from Beau on here... Thanks man!

ON TO THE TRAIL....

The last picture is a bar out in the middle of Lake Hughes. The trail dropped us off in the front yard of that place. Great bar food.

Comment

SoCalinIt . . . can you let us know where you picked up the trail . . . it's been a while since I've been up there and was under the impression that most of those trails were still closed. Good to see that's not the case. I'd like to get up there while waiting for Miller to open to help deal with the itch! I was up Del Sur a couple weeks ago, but the gate is closed right past the houses/kennel. I cruise the roads out there on my bike a lot but have only been on the trails on that side once a few years ago and don't think I ran the ones you did as I ended up on San Francisquito Cyn, not out in Lake Hughes. Thanks!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

We started on San Francisquito Cyn just before the water pipes cross over the road. I'll look for all the trail names... You can drive around for hours out there and not hit the same trial twice. We should meet up. It would be nice to have someone to wheel with. Nice views, but not hard wheeling.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalinIt View Post
          We started on San Francisquito Cyn just before the water pipes cross over the road. I'll look for all the trail names... You can drive around for hours out there and not hit the same trial twice. We should meet up. It would be nice to have someone to wheel with. Nice views, but not hard wheeling.
          Absolutely! I'd love to join you out there. Do you know if Texas Cyn is open too? I think that's the name of it . . . it's off Bouquet Cyn...after Big Oaks Lodge on the left before you get to Rowher?
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I'm not too sure.

I'm looking into getting some maps from USFS. I'd like to see all the trails in our area. I know that there is a ton of trails out there. We drove for hours, and kept seeing new roads. There are a few little climbs, and ridges you can take as well. Super fun for being in our backyard.

Comment

Hey bro you should have stop when you waved to me on your way to the trail, I had nothing to do all day.
              FYI the trails you went on is not part of Drink Water Flats ( wrong side of the road ) they are forest service roads 2n17 ect.. I think you found the only rock out there for the flex shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
                Hey bro you should have stop when you waved to me on your way to the trail, I had nothing to do all day.
                FYI the trails you went on is not part of Drink Water Flats ( wrong side of the road ) they are forest service roads 2n17 ect.. I think you found the only rock out there for the flex shot.
                Yeah, that was the only one.:geek: We went all the way through. The trail we ended up on said Drink Water. I don't think that it's the trail, but I think it may go back to it. We did do the drink water trail on the way back. Nothing but ups and downs.

I should have. We ended up driving all over the hills back there. We were out for HOURS. It was awesome to find the Stone Bar at the end of one of the trails too. Had a blast.

Comment

Working...
                X