• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Cal4Wheel Hi Desert Round-Up

Who's in.... :beer:

Hi Desert Round-Up
    Memorial Day Weekend
    May 28-31, 2010
    The Hi Desert Round-up is a fund raising event for California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs Inc. The event is four days of off-roading, games, food and fun. The Hi Desert Round-up takes place in Stoddard Valley, about 10 miles south of Barstow California, off Highway 247. It is a popular fun-filled getaway weekend for singles, couples and families who enjoy camping, four-wheeling, playing games, winning prizes and just going out to relax away from the city. The terrain is from sandy to extremely rocky, from flat washes to monster hills so be prepared for some great four-wheeling fun.

http://www.cal4wheel.com/index.php?o...=84&Itemid=124
    Its no fun without family

We will be there. Our club, On the Rocks, will be running the Teeter Totter again. We have been doing this for close to ten years I would guess.

This is a fun event and hope to see many of you there. They have runs for all skill levels and interests.
    Rich

Comment

This should be my 9th year straight. I wouldn't miss it.

Comment

Haven't missed this in almost 20 years. Still my favorite.
        Come to the dark side.....
        We have Cookies!

Comment

I am sure trying to get my new-to-me Jeep ready by then, I'm not sure if it will be ready for Pumpkin Eater by then or not. Heck the locker air compressors aren't even installed yet, I'm gonna be burning the midnight oil trying to get it ready. I love this particular event even though my TJ suffered a little carnage there last year on an "extra credit" loop on Pumpkin Eater. I sure hope I don't have to miss this year's HDR.
          Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 05-01-10, 08:43 AM.
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Jerry - Hope you get the new rig ready in time. I won't make it this year (enjoyed talking to you last year at HDR). Will see you again one of these days on the trail.

BTW - you need to update your avatar.

Cliff

Comment

Myself and the kids will be there, will be our first time out to this event. Any veterans have tips for tent campers, such as good spots or definite places to avoid setting up at.
              "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Being a tent camper, I always find a place that is up-wind. Some years the wind blows a lot of dust and if you are near the main road in, the dust is bad. I have a usual spot I try to get around each year. It's west of the main camp and there are not too many people right on top of me. Plus there are a few Andy Gumps that don't get much use.

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post
                  Myself and the kids will be there, will be our first time out to this event. Any veterans have tips for tent campers, such as good spots or definite places to avoid setting up at.
                  If you find the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers camp you can use my motorhome as a wind block.

Comment

This is a great time the runs are fun and the games are cool. I earned my handle there, a few years ago. Don't miss it!
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Bump....... only a few weeks away

Comment

Questions for first overnight trail outing

My husband and our teen boys would love to come out, this is new to us so I have a few questions:
                        Can we bring a second vehicle (our truck) so we can have all our gear, as the boys and camping equipment won't all fit in my wrangler
                        and Second: can we bring our dogs? (of course that is if they are well-behaved and socialized)
                        All hints and suggestions are greatly appreciated...
                        Thank you
                        Heather

Comment

You can bring as many vehicles you want to. I've even seen a few cars over the years. The drive in off of the 247 has a few rutted spots and a few deep sand parts but is very drivable.

On another note, I spoke to a person in the know about HDR over the weekend. It seems that attendance is down this year again. But I heard that last year and there was still decent attendance. Maybe it picks up between now and Memorial Day.

I heard that the large tent is no-go again. So, the raffle will be in the outdoors under the stars. Let's just hope the wind gods are gentle. Also the trash bin will not make an appearance as well. So remember to pack it all in and then out.

See you out there. I'll be in a silver F-150 pulling a green YJ. I should be the only one that has a tent that fits in the back of the truck bed.

Comment

Thanks Jason for the info... very helpful
                            Hope to see you there
                            My jeep plates are actually "SUPRFOX" So we will see you there

Comment

Originally posted by SUPRFOX View Post
                              My husband and our teen boys would love to come out, this is new to us so I have a few questions:
                              Can we bring a second vehicle (our truck) so we can have all our gear, as the boys and camping equipment won't all fit in my wrangler
                              and Second: can we bring our dogs? (of course that is if they are well-behaved and socialized)
                              All hints and suggestions are greatly appreciated...
                              Thank you
                              Heather
                              Heather,this area is an open area,so you park and drive where you want to.There are very few restrooms and you need to bring lots a water for washing and drinking,bring some wood for a fire at night its still cool up here.My family loves the open spaces in the desert and there is so much to do and see here.Have fun
                              Dennis and Tammy
                              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
                              X