Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MyBrokenJeep is looking for a new name! Thanks to AW12345!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: MyBrokenJeep is looking for a new name! Thanks to AW12345!

Before I start in on the weekend and wheeling... Aart! You are the Man! Folks... Aart, has been working on the CJ-7 for a little while now and has performed miracles upon miracles! The CJ has never run better, been more reliable, or been more fun than this last weekend!

So, now on to the weekend report...

We met some friends, Shane and Aleta, Kane, Mark, and Trent (owner of the "Beast") for some camping and wheeling on Friday night. Traffic was a lot of fun coming up the Pass... We finally arrived at our campsite around 9pm Friday evening.

Carmen and I bought a new RV and were dying to take it out...

Saturday morning, after a great breakfast, we watched Trent show us what "flex" really meant then we headed over to Bullfrog. It was Trent's first time on Bullfrog... and we had a great time watching his crawler maneuver through it. He had zero difficulty, as would be expected, and even took some unique lines...

This was Shane's first trail run after getting the Toyota back in trail worthy condition.

The mandatory ride through "Chicken Rock"

Then off to Bullfrog...

The Chuckwalla doing their push-ups...

Apparently, Kahlua thinks he is a Jeep Dog now...

The "Jeepeater" looked a little more washed out than I remembered it... but no worries, we scampered right through it.

We had a few issues with the Toyota not idling right... and stalling a bit on inclines and declines... so Shane took the bypass around the Jeepeater...

Oh yea... Meet the newest addition to the MyBrokenJeep's Jeep Dog Team! This is Abigail...

After a great ride through Bullfrog, we decided to check out (from a distance) our favorite little compound... Looks like to some folks have been evicted since we were last out here...

Sunday morning, we decided to do some exploring... took the long way around to Means dry lake bed and a couple of the other ones... Ran up through a sandy creek bed for a few miles and then came across an enduro bike race that was going on... Had a great lunch and then headed back.

Started picking up camp, and of course, leaving the area cleaner than we found it... Headed out around 4:30PM. I guess everyone else that needed to get down the hill on Sunday afternoon waited until the same time as we did... We rolled up to the house in Corona about 8:00PM.

A great weekend with great friends! Thanks to Shane and Aleta and Trent for the camping fun, trail fun, and the margarita fun (at night after the trails).
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Looks like a good trip, I tried talking Trent into heading over to the Bender run with "The Beast" but I guess he was scared
    Its no fun without family

Comment

Randy, I am very happy that you finally got to enjoy the unbroken Jeep for a weekend. That is the way to do it.
      Wheel it hang out with friends shoot the bull and just have a great time without having to hassle with tools and such.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Randy, I am very happy that you finally got to enjoy the unbroken Jeep for a weekend. That is the way to do it.
        Wheel it hang out with friends shoot the bull and just have a great time without having to hassle with tools and such.
        Hey Randy,

What's it like to have a trouble free CJ7 weekend?

talk to me about your friends rock buggy. what are those axles out of? Is that an old Willies truck he startedwith??
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Is that an old Willies truck he startedwith??
          more than 1 Willies.... He is running Rockwells under a custom built frame
          Its no fun without family

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Hey Randy,

What's it like to have a trouble free CJ7 weekend?

talk to me about your friends rock buggy. what are those axles out of? Is that an old Willies truck he startedwith??

Hey Roger... I can tell you it was great! We wheeled around, did some trails, wheeled some more, did some more trails... and the CJ never even hiccup'd! The only thing I have yet to do to the CJ is change the bent front leaf spring for the new ones that Leadfoot Josh got for me... I should get that done within the next week or so...

The "Beast"... I don't know everything about it... but I do know it is impressive and even moreso impressioning! You should see people faces when they see that thing come around a corner or over a hill or rock! He is running Rockwell axles with 44" tires... 383 Stroker fuel injected motor... dual transfer cases... which makes for a very cool front wheel donut in the sand! He has seatbelts for 6 people...

Pimp... I'm glad you weren't able to talk him into going to the Benders... We had a great time! There is a thread in another topic area talking about spotters... Trent is probably the best spotter I have wheeled with! He is one of those guys that has forgotten more about this sport and the technology than I will probably ever know.

and Roger... I still owe you those CJ manuals... I tried to email them to you but they are way too large... I will put them on a thumb drive and will bring them to the Meet & Greet at Bass Pro Shop.
            Regards,
            Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

wow a run where we did not have to tow you out? Mark this one down.
              Just kidding buddy, glad to see the jeep is doing so well, sometimes we just need to work on them a little more than others.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

I miss my CJ5 you notice they don't talk about how cool New school is... all about Old School!! Good to see you got it tuned in and tks for posting up some good pictures!
                Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

lookin good randy...

the motorhome looks sweet.. cant wait to sleep in the upper bunk above the cab..
                  [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                  PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

The CJ is looking good Randy. Congrates
                    Check out .

Comment

The CJ looks awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X