Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Long day on Motino wash

This Morning Fred and me headed out to Rattle snake canyon and yes we even saw a rattle snake, once there we headed out to Motino wash to meet up with Beau and some of his Suzuki friemds. They had left at 7am and we left at 9am and met them roughly after the first 1/3 of the trail at that point we knew it was going to be a long day. Beau had broken one of his shiny new Alloy USA axle shafts, so much for that good deal at least he could still 3 wheel it, Also there was a Geo tracker in the group on 31's, it had a locker but needed quite a bit of help even the road builder had at it, that just spoils all the fun. Still a great time with great weather and good friends or in other words priceless. By the way the Gazuk guys did an excellent job spotting the little tracker through the trail, the thing needed a fair amount of strapping but over all came through it in one piece

I led Brokenujoint(Kevin) and TDS SD (George)Through there yesterday and a couple of other fire roads. It was also great weather and fun. Bummer about the axle Beau.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Art,

I keep forgeting that when you say "Fire Road" thats not what you mean! I did the fireroad thing today but need to get out to Mottino. Looks like a fun, long day. Hopefully my day on Mottino will not be a long day!!!!! Thanks for posting.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch if you pick good lines you can run it in a little over 1 hour so yeah, your day should not be that long.
        Still it was fun had not been out with the Gadzuk guys in awhile.

Comment

LOL seems like everytime we go out with them they drag along (literally) a vehicle and noob thats not prepared to do the trails we are on. I think they like the carnage done to the untouched vehicles and today there was alot on that poor chevy tracker on 31's LOL.
          I shouldn't talk though, I got draged through alot of the trail also. Broke a drivers side axle and I never realized that 1 side locked in the rear is worse than an open diff. Front lockers worked pretty good but I didn't want to break anything up front so I was pretty easy on it. I just redid almost my whole drivetrain: put a detroit and alloy axles in the rear and a dana 30 high pinion with a spartan (lunchbox)locker and superior axles in front. I Busted a brand new POS alloy axle shaft in a ridiculis spot that it shouldnt of happen on. I am sure my stockers would of have done alot better than those but they were sitting on my garage floor(I knew I should of brought one). I guess the good ebay deal for < $200 wasn't such a good deal. 1 time out cmon thats bs. I wonder if I could still get a warranty? Anyway I want to get some good USA made shafts with a good warranty. So far superiors look good right now. Any other recomendations?

Originally posted by AAA
          I would have loved to go on this. Did anyone post that you were going or was this a last minute thing?
          Sorry it was last minute deal and I wasnt sure I was going to go. I just finished my heep up saturday night and my buds from gadzuks invited me and I ask fred and art if they wanted to come last night. Next one I will post up.
          Last edited by Jeeperator; 04-26-10, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Here some pics:

Heres the broken axle and the peice of shaft stuck in the carrier. It wont come out so am going to have to pull the carrier and possibly press it out. Word to the wise dont buy Alloy brand axles.

I had to pull the carrier to remove the peice.Other than a few gouges on the carrier and some tiny metal shavings everything looks good. Superior axles are being ordered.

Last edited by Jeeperator; 04-27-10, 12:08 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]You ought to take it back to where you bought it and let them evaluate it. Sometimes there is a failure in the metal.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                  [COLOR="Blue"]You ought to take it back to where you bought it and let them evaluate it. Sometimes there is a failure in the metal.[/COLOR]
                  I bought them on ebay. I think they were left over old stock from a shop that closed up. Alloy or omix- ida or whatever they are called now wont help me with out a reciept. I have a record in my paypal account but that is not good enough. Anybody have a reciept willing to get this warrantied for me. It worth a lunch to me if your willing to go through the trouble. Even then I bet Alloy will make some excuse not to warranty them. DONT BUY ALLOY AXLES!!

Comment

Beau,

Superior has a great replacement warranty. But they are not magic! But when we play with the BIG BOYS.......Good luck. So far my Nitro Axles are holding up, but I don't do
                    hoop-de-dos at 50mph nor do I get AIR in my YJ anymore. LMAO

Mitch

Comment

I have seen a fair amount of people happily abuse the American made Dana44 Superior shaft with ill effect, my self included. 2 years later I am still a very happy camper with them

Comment

What did Fred destroy on Hammerdown? D44?

Comment

His stock axle shaft, been a happy camper with some shiny superior shafts ever since,

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            Beau,

Superior has a great replacement warranty. But they are not magic! But when we play with the BIG BOYS.......Good luck. So far my Nitro Axles are holding up, but I don't do
                            hoop-de-dos at 50mph nor do I get AIR in my YJ anymore. LMAO

Mitch

Were those the american versions mitch? Let me tell you that shaft breaking first time out was bs. I have been in motino was before with my auburn ected locker and factory shafts with no issues at all. It broke on the trail I believe it shouldn't of broke on. I am just really disapointed. Superior shafts are ordered and if warranty is needed thet are just down the street from me. I am pretty impressed with the fronts superior axles they carried me the rest of the way through the trail with some help on the more difficult obtacles.

Comment

10 yrs on moser axles in my rear 44 mated to a detroit.. going strong!
                              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                              X