Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Tinbenders Jambo

Well that was quite a weekend for us, pushed the jeep to the limits and made some new friends, and saw a couple old ones around the lakebed.

This was our first Tinbenders event and our first time on the actual "Hammer" trails.

We rolled in late on Friday about midnight, set up camp and got some z's for the long day ahead. All night long could hear rigs heading to "Backdoor" to either run it or watch.
    Saturday morning started out good, lined up then strolled around looking around at all the rigs, some crazy buggies out there.

We pre-registered for Clawhammer, and the trail did not disappoint, very challenging but made it through the obstacles unassisted with some good spotting.
    Me and the kids were second in the group behind the trail leader, which gave them plenty of time to play around and relax while watching others in group get through.

Before we left we heard there was a boulder moved into the way of a bypass around a waterfall. We found that but it seems someone must have shifted the boulder before we got there because 2 lines were open on the waterfall, we took the right side =).

This trail was just about the limit of our jeeps capability without having to pull strap or winch line.

We look forward to the next Tinbenders event, next year we will have a winch and some other doodads and maybe try Sledgehammer or another of the more difficult trails.
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

glad to see you made it threw your first hammers trail and the kids also , be carefull of the addiction ! sledgehammer is a big step up from clawhammer .......

Comment

Had a great time out there. Friday we ended up running Claw, Jack and Wrecking ball Saturday we lead Outer limits we had 23 rigs and several of them broke it took 12 hours to to get everyone thru. One of my favorite Bender Jambos yet.

Here is a link to a few pics we took.

http://www.wrecked4x4.com/Forum/index.php?topic=668.0

Comment

I also had a great time! even though I was behind the wheel of my own rig, I really enjoyed riding along and getting some photography done:
        Here are some pictures from our group on SunBonnet:

[COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I was the tail-gunner on Sun Bonnet. It was a great time out there this weekend.

On Sunday our group ran Turkey Claw and then took an out that it did not look like anyone had been on. This was the canyon just south of the entrance to SOS. On the ridge we saw what we assume was a momma tortise and a baby tortise a couple of hundred yards away. Really neat.
            Rich

Comment

Rich thanks for being tail gunner. I had a lot of fun riding with Paul and his new ride. Im jealous of the trails you guys can do. Hopefully this coming year my jeep will be stretched and ready to rock some new trails.

Comment

Working...
              X