X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: dodging boulders in Anza Borrego

Got this in an Email this morning,

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh....php?p=8730354

Cool. Now I want to head down and check it out. At least there wont be any traffic. Last time I was down fish creek it was full of honda civics and such.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Wow! It would have been scary to be in those canyons during the earthquake.

Some of those bolders and slides like like they are definitely bigger than my Jeep.

There are also some pretty good pics of the road damage near Mexicali in that thread.

I'm wondering how this affected the mud caves in Anza Borrego. THAT would have been a scary place to be during an earthquake.

Thanks for posting that.

Christian
      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

scary stuff! thanks for the link
        KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

First thought came to mind.. that's the kind of damage that kills an area.. Nobody's really going to clean up those rocks..make them smaller? Maybe just not enough money in it imho.. So being a horrible person my first thought was..well that's definitely medium difficulty trail posi and 33's to make it through!!
          Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

My first though is lets go, now we have a real challenge to see if we can make it through.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Anybody want to try fish creek or sandstone canyon?
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Fish Creek is most like easily passable because it is very wide...but the Axle Alley and Sandstone Cyn might be a challenge.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by ocTJ View Post
                  First thought came to mind.. that's the kind of damage that kills an area.. Nobody's really going to clean up those rocks..make them smaller?
                  If someone would supply the explosives, Im sure someone could come up with a new AAT group :beer:
                  An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Supply me with explosives I have training in making all kinds of booms
                    Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

You know thin Corizzo impact zone is only a short drive..
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by ocTJ View Post
                        Supply me with explosives I have training in making all kinds of booms
                        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

And here I was reading the off topic thread about panning for gold lots of rock there that has never been looked at ..wow...really scary though
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                          X