Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTR and Crazy 8 are rockin' trails!

As already posted, we started on On The Rocks trail and not far into the morning, we found this local lounging in the trail:

After seeing that the young fellow was safe and off the trail, we traveled on. There were lots of vehicles. We were close to the middle of the pack and this is a view looking back down the trail at one point:

Even so, we made very good time though the trails with all considered. The parade of rock crawlers attracted a few spectators along the way:

The Dinosaur Back:

These were some really nice trails on a great day in the high desert:

Well... with some noted exceptions:

After On The Rocks, we had lunch and then ran the Crazy 8 trail. I have mostly video of this trail, but here is our leader on one of the obstacles:

Art playing on his way back to their camp:

We hung out for a little bit while Bash tried welding his track bar mount back on. As he posted, he ended up at Hundy's place getting the needed repairs. But, we were not the only ones hanging out watching the attempted repairs:

This was a really nice day playing on some fun trails. Thanks to Mike for making this happen.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Really Cool

WOW! looks like a great time on a fun trail.
      Really wish I coulda made this one.

Thanks for the pix, can't wait for the videos!

Scott

Comment

Looks like you had some fun! That's a cool area. I need to build my jeep up some more (armor) before I head out there though. Would 33's make it there?
        -Justin

Comment

Mike,

Nice to see Mr Green back on the trail. Great pictures as always. I've seen several Rattlesnakes at the Buttes. Good reminder to everyone, the snakes are starting to come out so be careful where you sit and where you put your hands!

Mitch

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Here are a few more pictures of the trail.

Slide show.[/COLOR]

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Hundy testing out some new military tires

Comment

Awesome pic,s you guys have there,looks like ya had a great time,, Art good stuff there,glad yer ok and had a spare windshield, who was spottin ya Steveie Wonder???lol I ended up doing half of Rowher and never made it to the Meet&Greet I was planning..emergency room till 9.30 pm..long story and alls well...Shant can,t wait to see yer video,s my bro..
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

U am just fine Geebn not a scratch or bruise on me and still thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the day wheelin. Cannot let a little thing like that spoil the fun,
                Now how are you? Everything ok? Your back go out again?

Comment

yup sat in my jeep at the top of Rowher for well over a hour by the time I got home it (my back) was shot! A few IV,s full of pain killers and muslie relaxers and now I,m like jello..lol..its ok now though..I,m really itchin to do some of the challenging trails with ya,ll ..does sure look like ya,ll had a blast, I,m glad to hear yer fine,was it a slow tip over? or kinda sudden?
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

AWESOME!! I am going to have to catch you all on the next run.
                    Build it right the first time.

Comment

Did not even have time to finish the F word lol

Comment

It happens so quick, you think, this wasn't planned, Kevin.

I

Comment

WOW! When were those done Kevin?

Comment

The first is Kevin's bud Carlos, happened last year
                            The other is Mike on 2n17x going down hill

Comment

Nice trail!
                              had a great time on the rocks. More options in Cougar Butes
                              http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=55c08438.pbw

Getting some flex on!

Solor Yellow LJ Rubicion 4.5 SF SA. Body armor bumpers, Sliders, Warn RC 9.0, CB,Intake, Edge TB and programer.35" X Terrains, Some additional cage work

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                                WOW! When were those done Kevin?
                                Mine happened on Feb 25th, 2007. Days like that tend to stick with you....
                                Last edited by Mike; 04-12-10, 08:30 PM.
                                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                                [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X