Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: On the Rocks - Crazy 8

[COLOR="Blue"]We had a good turnout for the On the Rocks & Crazy 8 trails today - a count of 26 vehicles. Amazingly we were finished with both trails by 2:30. Some of the group went on over to the Cakewalk or planned a night run later.

These 2 new trails are IMO, totally cool trails. I really enjoyed doing both, and from what the others said they also agree. They are both marked and ready to go.

There wasn't much breakage, only 2 flat tires and one broken Toyota IFS axle. Art lost a windshild in a layover. But all in all a pretty smooth..well good run.

Again I really liked the On the Rocks obstacles and look forward to another run out there. These are 2 new trails for the well equipped vehicle.

mk[/COLOR]

SLIDESHOW
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

The Dinosaurs's back.

The "U" turn

The Tortus Shell

Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-11-10, 09:53 AM.

As always Mike another great day on one of your famous trail runs. Great people, Great weather and great trail building!!!
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

We had a good time, kids were doing good they did get a little nervous when art demonstrated the wrong line.

Was good to see everyone and a couple new trails.
      "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Art demonstrates the wrong line and we don't get a picture? Both are hard to believe. Looks like a fun day.

Mitch

Comment

HUGE turn out! Well maybe with my new setup in the works I can also do this. Doesn't look to bad.

Comment

crazy 8

mike .thanks once again for a great day and some very cool trails today .i had a great time out there with some good peeps .hope to do it again soon .thanks.

Comment

Thanks Mike for a great run! We really enjoyed being out there. IMO, Crazy 8 and On The Rocks are both great trails.

On the way to cake walk my front trac bar mount broke off the frame...weird.

At first, Fred gave us some arc welding rods and we tied up two batteries and tried to weld it on temporarily...but it didn't hold. I strapped it down with my tow strap and a ratchet strap and then drove to Hundy's Compound.

Thanks 100DollarMan for letting us use your welder to weld it back up securely.

Drove home with-out any issues.

I have 2 hours of video footage and can't wait to put it together.

Thanks again.

Bash

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Shant good to hear that you made it home safe. I've heard that Mark is the Lucerne savior. Good job!

Track bar? what are those things??

Mitch

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Thanks to all who came out, I surely enjoyed the day. I'll post more pix a little later. It would be nice to do the On The Rocks again before it gets too hot. I think Mitch would like this one....what do you think??[/COLOR]

Here is a picture of the lay-over. Mostly just damage to the windshield.
                  Art was just a little off of the line here.

Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-10-10, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Mike nice pics of my oopsie, had a great day never the less. Bitchin trail and good times with friends.

Comment

Art! save those crazy lines for the that beast your building in your garage. Definatly glad your OK. I am jealouse and wish I was with you guys. But I spent the day with my welder and we trussed,armor plated and polished my dana turdy high pinion(that art set the gears up on for me). Not long now jeep will be finished and I will be out there with you guys having fun.

Comment

Cool deal Beau, you really need to get out more often, you have been missing way to much fun. Good thing I have a spare windshield frame.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Cool deal Beau, you really need to get out more often, you have been missing way to much fun. Good thing I have a spare windshield frame.
                          I'm just glad you're OK. Great new avater picture though.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Those look like some fun trails! Thanks for the pics. I really need to get out and try these trails out myself.
                            "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Art did you let Curtis borrow your rig for a bit? damn! but looks like she came out in pretty good shape for taking a nap in the rocks
                              KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Working...
                              X