Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Forest Aid Event

[COLOR="Sienna"]Forest Aid kicked off it's SBNF planting schedule last week, and is going to be planting again in the Arrowhead area on April 10th & 11th. The link up point is the Lake Arrowhead Elementary School at 9am for volunteers, 8:30am for supervisors.

AAT members remember that these hours will count towards MJR's total, and your individual hours for 2010.

If you have time, come on out, get some fresh air and help restore the forest in these areas badly burned in recent years. If you can't make this weekend, planting dates are throughout April and into May.

To get on the schedule, see the Forest Aid website: http://www.forestaid.net/calendar

See ya there![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Sunday 4-11

Tracy and I just got back from our first day of ForestAid this year. Our group of 40 volunteers planted over 1000 saplings. We will be going back again next Sunday.

Russ gives a demonstration

Tracy with a newly planted sapling

Chris works the McLeod while I work the Dibble Bar
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Saturday:

[COLOR="Sienna"]Saturday was a great time also. I didn't get any pictures, but Seventy-five volunteers planted 1250 trees! Would have planted more, but we ran out!

I'm planning to go up again on the 17th to help again, apparently the ground in the Big Bear area is still frozen. The event has been kept in the Lake Arrowhead area. There is also planting taking place on the 18th. Will post more information very soon. Or you can go to the ForestAid website to sign up![/COLOR]
      Last edited by USMC 0369; 04-12-10, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        .....I'm planning to go up again on the 17th to help again, this time more in the Big Bear area. There is also planting taking place on the 18th in the Big Bear area. Will post more information very soon. Or you can go to the ForestAid website to sign up!
        I was told this morning that the tree planting will remain at Lake Arrowhead next weekend; apparently, the ground at Big Bear is still too cold for planting.
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

The skull & cross bones didn't go un-noticed on Tray's hard hat...
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
            I was told this morning that the tree planting will remain at Lake Arrowhead next weekend; apparently, the ground at Big Bear is still too cold for planting.
            [COLOR="Sienna"]I hadn't gotten that. Thanks for the update Russ. Edited.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X