Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Some fire road inspecting

Was supposed to meet up with some Jeepers this morning but for some reason they got either lost or did not show. So headed out on my own since I was at the start of 2N01 any way. Ran a good part of 2n61y till the snow was to deep and did not want to blaze to much of a trail by myself. After that I found me a couple of other spots to entertain on BLM land, then proceeded to get my self lost for awhile, so did a bit of hiking to get my bearings and found my way back to rattlesnake canyon and from there back to civilization. All in all a great day on the trail. Some of those fire roads are in prime shape.

Last edited by aw12345; 04-05-10, 12:14 PM.

that looks like a good time. thats heartbreak ridge? i dont think ive been on that. looks more fun then john bull
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Last edited by aw12345; 04-04-10, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Hi Troy, you bet it's more fun than JB. Even though The Way We Go and another 4x4 club did a great job last year on making the trail a bit more difficult

Comment

art your one crazy SOB ....what ever happen to wheel with others !!

Comment

Read the first part Steve they flaked out. Seemed to me a shame to waste a perfect day of wheelin

Comment

i was just surprised you didnt turn it into a night run for yourself LOL ......

Comment

Art I looked at 2N01 on wed. the snow was still looking slick after it droped off the payment. So how far did you go before you ran out of snow? The other two trails after heartbreak are looking good.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Hi Curtis it has some short patches of snow for about 2 miles. Drove through most of it in 2 wheel drive so no real detriment

Comment

Art,

Nice pictures. The rocks are so different looking in MW. Some of us notice things like that. Glad you had fun. Nice fire road.

Mitch

Comment

Well the good thing is that Motino wash is pretty much unstacked by mother nature and was a lot of fun.
                      Steve since I am single for a month I had to get back to feed the dogs, yet Cougar Buttes was calling lol

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Looks cool Art. So Heartbreak is still snowed in....humm. Well for now I hear that Ole Bullfrog callin me too.

mk [/COLOR]

Comment

Yup just before where the trail forks the snow is pretty thick, I hiked it a ways and decided yo let common sense prevail. But Crazy 8 is singing it's tune right

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]The new "On the Rocks" is guaranteed to deliver also, can't wait to run it. I hope I didn't mis-judge some of the obstacles, because I have to go first. LOL

I should post an unintended snow run my son and I did a couple of weeks ago in the Sierra's. I don't know how it got past me that there was still snow in the Sierra's.

mk[/COLOR]
                            Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-04-10, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Lol snow happens

Comment

Working...
                              X