X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be my pleasure Mike!

Mitch

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Mitch do you know if they closed up the Los Padres mine yet??[/COLOR]

Comment

I heard that it was still open, but severely getting trashed. I was going to do Mottino Saturday, but I think I will check out the Los Padres and a couple other things that direction. I'm also going to a steak dinner at one of the mines Saturday night, so no breaky breaky stuff during the day. And yes I'll take a bunch of pictures if I get there.

Mitch

Comment

Did someone open up a resturant in one of the mines??

Comment

Yes Mike, It's called "Steaks and Smore's".

Mitch

Last edited by Mitch; 04-07-10, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Leanne and now Mitch... further proving jeepers have better food
              KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

4 Wheelin Cookin........

......and don't forget Bash BBQ too Troy, Mmmmm...it's all good.
                Hey, that little guy wearin the Giants hat looks very familiar......Hmmmm.....cool pic...
                John & Kristi

Comment

Sorry to say but Los Padras has been bull dozed. And just my luck, I just captured a bat for relocation. And as far as targets/bulls eyes out in that area I know of 5 so far.

Comment

The little dude sportin the shades is one cool dude!
                    He's takin that smore serious.
                    I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Originally posted by tinman View Post
                      Sorry to say but Los Padras has been bull dozed. And just my luck, I just captured a bat for relocation. And as far as targets/bulls eyes out in that area I know of 5 so far.
                      are you desert pattys friend? we talked a bunch about that mine and bats in another post on here. i dont think any of us have found any bat populations from the conversaion in the other thread but theres a good group of local explorers here to share info with. i sure wouldnt mind hearing where the big mines are

and that pictures of the kid is a great one. smores wheeling and matching shades...thats a future wheeler for sure!

Comment

John,

Thanks for the info. Another one destroyed, too bad.

Chuck: Thats one of my favorite pictures, he is a very cool dude at such a young age!

Comment

Great pics. Need to get my jeep fixed and get out.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing! Soon I hope.

Comment

Hey troyboy162, no I don't know anyone by that name. And the only reason I said anything about the bat was someone said something about checking the mine for bats before closing them up. So I was thinking helping them along to help keep the mines open. If I could have found some fresh bat crap I'd have imported it in to keep it open. There was some nice sky blue turquoise with gold in there. It was not a very big vein but just cool to find. Saw the blue and picked it up and didn't really look at tell I got home. And looked at it with a loop, that should give you an idea of how big it was, but still cool to find. I'm sure it would have been at least a pennys worth. And if its about safty them why didn't they close up the upper shafts. There the ones that semi-collapsed in the Landers earthquake. Those are the ones that are unsafe and thats the way we used to get into the mine way back in the 80's, before the quake. I have not tryed and wouldn't it's not safe, but they are still open. So the safe part is close and the unsafe part is left open. I don't get it but have always been a little slow. Maybe thats why I didn't get involved in goverment. Just venting.

Comment

Originally posted by tinman View Post
                                Hey troyboy162, no I don't know anyone by that name. And the only reason I said anything about the bat was someone said something about checking the mine for bats before closing them up. So I was thinking helping them along to help keep the mines open. If I could have found some fresh bat crap I'd have imported it in to keep it open. There was some nice sky blue turquoise with gold in there. It was not a very big vein but just cool to find. Saw the blue and picked it up and didn't really look at tell I got home. And looked at it with a loop, that should give you an idea of how big it was, but still cool to find. I'm sure it would have been at least a pennys worth. And if its about safty them why didn't they close up the upper shafts. There the ones that semi-collapsed in the Landers earthquake. Those are the ones that are unsafe and thats the way we used to get into the mine way back in the 80's, before the quake. I have not tryed and wouldn't it's not safe, but they are still open. So the safe part is close and the unsafe part is left open. I don't get it but have always been a little slow. Maybe thats why I didn't get involved in goverment. Just venting.
                                yeah its nuts. i can completly see them closing up the safe stuff. i hadnt even though of the landers quake. i bet that changed all the local mines. i know i met an older guy in a mine once(i hate meeting people in a mine...scares me lol) and he talked about the one we were in used to continue through the mtn not too long ago. i bet a great deal of colapses happened that day

jsut as a follow up... the WW2 targets are interesting and i found some more on google earth

Comment

Working...
                                X