Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: IFS rock fest 20100328 (Aftershock)

well dang that was an adventure!. Jen (Yotagirl) once explained to me that the hammers were "non-stop" and that is surly fitting of aftershock. the trail is obviously doable but man and machine are pushed hard. when it takes 7 hours to go two miles that should pretty much tell the story.

we were unable to complete the the last obstical with the sunlight remaining. id image it would be also doable on 33" but more of a winching/recovery/trail engineering event then wheeling.

not much carnage surprizingly
    -few minor rock kisses
    -one broken cv
    -one dented gas tank

and the video
    http://ultimateyota.blip.tv/file/3416309/
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Looks like you had fun Troy and that was the easy trail lol, it gets better from there.

Comment

haha i know it! i admit, previously ive had lots of success with what ever i try so i thought this would be reasonable, but that was before i met the hammers lol.

Comment

Art's right, Aftershock is a light trail for the Hammers, but it's still hardcore for the rest of the state. Congrats.

At the end of your video where you have a price list for the damage, just remember broken parts cost money, dents are free. :wink:

Comment

Looks like a fun ride.
          I hope that you un-stacked everything before you moved down the trail.

I's say that those rigs were ill equipped for the Johnson Valley Hammer trails.

Those trails will destroy your vehicle and smile while doing it. Spare parts and winches for each vehicle is recommended for the JV trails.

Be sure to post up when you are doing future runs, and which trails you will be running
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

the place is nuts lol. but its got me thinking on the next mods. im not sure though cause small improvments come at large costs now. i love that truck but it should probably be kept for lighter duty and not made to be jack of all trades master of none.

it kills me we had to turn around at depreciation knob, but better trucks then ours have burned to the ground at that spot lol. kinda cool to find the hardened puddles of aluminum

Comment

Working...
            X