Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Rattlesnake Canyon & Big Bear

Not making it to Calico this weekend I grabbed a few friends to check out Rattlesnake Canyon and the Big Bear area trails. Dennison and I meet with Jason (Calfireguy), Josh (Leadfoot) and passenger Kevin (XJKevin) in Hesperia and then traveled to Lucerne to meet up with Dave (Flatpoint) and Courtney. We then headed to Rattlesnake Canyon to air down. I had info from the Big Bear Discovery Center saying that 2N02 was still snowed in. This was not true and 2No2 is dry to Baldwin Lake from Rattlesnake. Time for a Heartbreak Ridge run.

We hit the usual extra credit spots. I can't seem to stay on the regular trail anymore thanks to my Jeep buddies.

Leading from the front! Follow me but it might hurt.

Josh did it again!

Jason

Following Josh

We then checked out the old mining camp. It is slowly getting destroyed. So unfortunate. A very cool spot. We had lunch here after a little exploring.

Dennison climbing on the great88

Dave and Courtney

Rose Mine area

Josh

Following Jason in the 250 foot mine tunnel

Dave the explorer

Ain't that sweet

Courtney Driving

We split up at this point and Dennison and I cruised to Big Bear with the others heading home. Dennison and I continued on 2N02 to Baldwin Lake and then to Moonridge to the Mountain Zoo. We walked around and checked out the neat little zoo and the animals for a bit before heading back home.

2N02

Nice kitty! Mr and Mrs Mountain Lion

Nice Hooters!

Bald is cool!!!!

Big Bear Lake was beautiful

Thanks again to everyone for such a fun day. Blue skies and warm all day, no wind.
    Last edited by Mitch; 03-28-10, 09:07 PM.

Hey Mitch,
    SOrry buddy, I meant to give you a call and let you know I could'nt make it. Got busy & forgot.
    Looks like a good time though. Sorry i missed it. (again)

Scott

Comment

Looks like a great time! Wish we could have made it also!

Scott
      "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Great time!!! No pics of Courtney SLIDING down the Rose wall-o-death?
        :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Dave,

I'm sorry that I didn't film that. I looked the other way when I heard the yelling. You know that I'm wimpy watching the roll over stuff. It was nice seeing the panic look on Courtneys face. We ALL need that reminder. Another awesome day. There are a dozen more mines that I want to check out.....

Mitch

Comment

A video from the climb to a tunnel at the Rose mine. Josh, Courtney , and Jason.

Comment

Mitch, this is Courtney, and that look was not panic,
              it was intense concentration!
              I usually get that look when I'm trying to block out
              all the yelling and warnings, to master an obstacle
              :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

It was really nice to get out again and as always I had a blast... Good seeing you Mitch and Dave and it was nice meeting Dennison, Courtney, Josh, and Kevin. Looking forward to getting out again and thanks for taking a pic of the back of my head now I need to get Botox... LOL

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]So Mitch do I hear you saying you'll be at the next Cougar Buttes run???[/COLOR]

We hit the usual extra credit spots. I can't seem to stay on the regular trail anymore thanks to my Jeep buddies.

Comment

Mike,

Maybe, but I will be on Mottino for sure anytime this year! It is totally clear of snow. I will bring my friend Ron because I know he wants to get out on the real trails this year.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch, you will be so bored on Motino wash, from what I heard it's stacked to the hilt and a stock Subaru can drive through there. Might just take a leisurely drive out there next Sunday and check it out for ya.

Comment

Nice pics as always.

Comment

Art, I will follow you if you go! You have jumped into a different league so be nice to us rookies. I'm not afraid to play with the big boys, just not up to the Hammer stuff. Lets go out and play.

Mitch

Comment

Pretty sure I will be doing something on Sunday in Big Bear with some friends from Holland so if they are up for Motino, I will let you know

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                              Mike,

Maybe, but I will be on Mottino for sure anytime this year! It is totally clear of snow. I will bring my friend Ron because I know he wants to get out on the real trails this year.

Mitch
                              [COLOR="Blue"]I'm wanting to do Mottino some time before it gets too hot. I don't think I can do next weekend, but for sure sometime this spring.

If I were rich, single and good looking, like Art, I'd be out there all the time.:smile:
                              mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X