Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the names are on topos and with all the dry lakes its hard to find them but heres some links
    anderson
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.554...,0.038409&z=15

means
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.415...,0.019205&z=16
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Here's another link to the Johnson Valley OHV area

http://www.ohvguide.com/maps/johnsonvalley.htm
      Rich

Comment

Hey then "Giant Rock" might be in or near our flight plan. Never been to the rock but from pics it looks worth a visit.
        2000 XJ, 108k miles
        33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

Comment

I didn t know u guys were only going 50 miles or so a day I can go about 125 mikes before I need Fuel - since your camping, are any of you bringimg your motorhomes or are you roughing it?

Yeah I think I will come.. I have a trip planned for the weekend before in Ocotillo area - But Im sure I can do both..

I Just need to know where to meet / what time and what CB Channel will you be on?

And if anyone wants to go to ocotillo next week let me know.

Rock On...

B

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSheepJeep1 View Post
            I didn t know u guys were only going 50 miles or so a day I can go about 125 mikes before I need Fuel - since your camping, are any of you bringimg your motorhomes or are you roughing it?

Yeah I think I will come.. I have a trip planned for the weekend before in Ocotillo area - But Im sure I can do both..

I Just need to know where to meet / what time and what CB Channel will you be on?

And if anyone wants to go to ocotillo next week let me know.

Rock On...

B
            Rogers got it all laid out nice in this sign up thread. TTORA is going to calico so i cant make this one, but you guys are gonna have fun!
            http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...&day=2010-4-17
            KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

This is a "cmping on the trail run". No motorhome can go where we are going. This will be a good test for some to see how light you must pack for a night on the trail.

BTW, the stars should be fantastic. The new moon is the 14th so we should have lots of stars!

Please note: if you are planning on going or maybe going PLEASE GO SIGN UP. Click on the link in the first post of this thread. This time, I will need to cut it off at 10 Jeeps. Thanks for your understanding.
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

This looks like it's going to be a fantastic couple of days!

I hope I can make it and tossed myself on the signup as a "Maybe."

There are some unknowns for me on the calendar, but right now it's looking like I'll be good to go.

Christian
                "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Please note: if you are planning on going or maybe going [COLOR="Red"]PLEASE GO SIGN UP.[/COLOR] Click on the link in the first post of this thread. This time, I will need to cut it off at 10 Jeeps. Thanks for your understanding.
                  MJR moderator
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,never thought to ask but the one guest I added is a 1'st timer in a FJ.I was thinking, guest=rig.
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                      ...I was thinking, guest=rig.
                      Yes, I feel a guest equals a rig. I'm not concerned about how many occupants in a vehicle, but I am concerned at the number of vehicles. I really want to limit this run to 10 vehicles total.

An FJ should do fine, but the tow points front & rear rule apply. Does your guest have a CB? That's a must also.

Roger
                      MJR moderator
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Pre-Run

Yesterday Chuck (Plantum4x), his son Zack and I pre-ran part of the trail in preperation for next Saturday. The weather was great for being out exploring!

I wanted to check out the very northern section of the route and see how it survived all the rain this winter. Both canyons are passable with no problems.

My inverter died that powers my lap top which is my GPS. But I had my paper map and Chuck had his GPS so we were good. I made only one wrong turn but quickly realized it and got right back on track.

[COLOR="Red"]I just checked the calendar and and it looks like we may be full. Please let me know if a guest is a vehicle or just passengers in your Jeep. Remember I need to hold this at ten vehicles.[/COLOR]

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to this.
                        MJR moderator
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

I'm in if one of the guests on the list is not driving their own Jeep.

Christian
                          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

I really wish I didn't have to work so I could do the whole run. I went with Roger yesterday on the Pre-run. The weather was wonderful. Roger was great and it seems as if he pretty much knows the area like the back of his hand. Roger always tried to keep me informed as to where we were(even though at times I was thinking I had no clue..LOL) and tell me and my son a little history along the way. Roger is a great guy you all are lucky to have him leading this run. Had a great time on the Pre-run and I'm sure the overnighter will be even better.

Thanks Roger,

Chuck and Zach
                            I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
                              I'm in if one of the guests on the list is not driving their own Jeep.

Christian
                              Christian,my guest backed out,so there's room for ya
                              Dennis and Tammy
                              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                                Christian,my guest backed out,so there's room for ya
                                Dennis,

I'm sorry to hear that your friend backed out, but I'm glad that I'll be able to share in the fun.

Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X