Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Shooting, Rocks, Winching!

I received a call from Jeff (scaffoldman) asking if I could set up a little shooting trip so that he could bring his dad out for the day. So I called Josh (Leadfoot), and we met Jeff, LC (Jeff's dad) and Tori (Jeff's neice) for some shooting fun.

First we headed to the "private property" spot for the shooting fun.

Some of the toys

LC, Jeff, and Tori

Then Josh and I headed towards the Fry's for some exploring and plays in the canyons

Exploring some new and some old trails to the mines

You all know that I like it tippy

A couple of mines we explored

This spot had ladders going down at least 75 feet. No we didn't climb down. We needed Lesa to explore this section!

The squeeze

Everything was going so well that Josh wanted to go up the 5 foot dry waterfall. He was looking good till he crested the top and came down on the body on both sides. I finally got to use my Smittybilt 10,000lb winch. It works perfect. We had to remove rocks by hand but it didn't take too long.

Josh enjoying his freedom once again. Go Josh Go!!!

Thanks guy's for a fun day in the sun. Here's a couple of videos from the winching.

Last edited by Mitch; 03-20-10, 09:20 PM.

Great pics as always!

Comment

yes.. another great day.. of jeepin and shootin.. Got to throw a bunch of rounds trhough my new SIG.. and got the XJ hung up pretty good on a stupid waterfall.. but.. in all a awesome day..

Thanks again mitch..

now for the pics... took just over 200. but here are a few..

[COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
      PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Comment

[COLOR="Red"]...and MY JEEP ROCKS... does yours?? LOL LOL[/COLOR]

Comment

Josh,

Fun time for sure. I was fine with my cheapie camera till I used yours. Now theres something else that I can't afford!

**Remember not to say anything to Kevin about the Chuckar we saw!!!!

Mitch

Comment

Thats my kind of outing with the guns. Been a long time since I have been shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                  Josh,

Fun time for sure. I was fine with my cheapie camera till I used yours. Now theres something else that I can't afford!

**Remember not to say anything to Kevin about the Chuckar we saw!!!!

Mitch
                  Did you say Chukar?

Comment

Clay, yeah I said Chukar! KC would have been all over them. Springers love chasing them. They ran right down the wash in front of me.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks alot Mitch for letting us tag along for the shooting. Wish I would have continued on with the jeeping. Looks like great fun.

Comment

Looks like another great trip Mitch.
                        Hope to be back out there soon.

Scott

Comment

Did that winch overheat.....I'll bet it took forever to spool that cable back in.........
                          :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Working...
                          X