Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: B-Day Exploring

Well Dennison had plans to spend the day alone with me so we snuck off (Sorry Dave and Courtney) to see a couple of mines and do some adventuring in the outdoors. It was a beautiful warm day with blue skies and light breezes. I showed Dennison some of the old favorites that I had been to before but that she had not seen before. Right before the end of our driving part of the trip we bumped into Roger who was also out doing some exploring. Glad it was at the end of our trip! Hmm.... A relaxing day in the desert hills.

Mitch

The Birthday Boy

Looking for some old trails

I've got a surprise for you, just close your eyes.....

A couple from inside a mine

Mr Kangaroo Rat

A video driving up to one of the mines.

Heading into the mine.

Last edited by Mitch; 03-15-10, 12:19 PM.

It was great to see you and Dennison yesterday! What a treat!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Looks like you had a great time doing what you love--awesome!
      Last edited by inVERt'D; 03-15-10, 01:07 PM. Reason: typo
      holes = cowbell

Comment

i love the pic.. of your jeep from inside the mine.. ill have to add it to the one I have of my jeep in th same spot
        [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
        PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

looks like another great run in the ords. perfect day out there too
          KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Yeah doing the things I love the most.

Mitch

Comment

Hey Mitch....Did you notice the timber CHANGE since we last went to the Double A no.1? That small board WAS NOT hanging down! Courtney and I were up there about a month ago, and noticed that....Right after the rains....A change for the worse....
              :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Nice pics. Looks like JV area.

Comment

Ron,

That is a perfect place to go explore one day. It's right off Hwy 247 heading towards Barstow. Let me know. You and Dawn would enjoy it.

Dave, that big support 8 x 8 or 12 x 12 is totally dry rotted and will not hold up much longer. Looked a little scary as I filmed it Sunday.

Mitch

Comment

Nice way to spend the birthday, mine was Sunday as well but was tasked yard work!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                      Ron,

That is a perfect place to go explore one day. It's right off Hwy 247 heading towards Barstow. Let me know. You and Dawn would enjoy it.

Dave, that big support 8 x 8 or 12 x 12 is totally dry rotted and will not hold up much longer. Looked a little scary as I filmed it Sunday.

Mitch
                      I will actually take you up on the offer. The axle is going in next week instead. Evan (baby) wants to meet us this week..haha! So, after axle goes in, and drive shaft, you will get a call! Going to hold you to it

Comment

Jim, Happy Birthday!

Ron, Call me when you want to go out. Close and local, and the perfect break-in run.

Mitch

Comment

Sounds like you had an outstanding day!

I also like the pic of the Jeep from inside the mine. I'll be keeping my eye out for a photo op like that! I just have to rememeber to take the camera.

Christian
                          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Working...
                          X