Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Old Ridge Route

Well it looks like we're gonna have Miller Jeep Trail open this spring, heard it here first on MJR, and it would be really cool to include The Old Ridge Route on my way to Miller. Anybody heard if it is open?
    John & Kristi

Historic Ridge Route is not yet open. If you want to volunteer to help get it open, here is some information:

Clean up the Ridge Route

The Ridge Route Preservation Organization (RRPO) schedules work projects, “Clean up the Ridge Route ,” (CUTRR) along the un-maintained section of the road.

When:
    Saturday, March 13, 2010

Where:
    The Ranch House restaurant (formally The Sizzler)
    49713 Gorman Post Rd. (661) 248-6040
    Exit I-5 at Gorman off ramp, turn east to Gorman Post Rd.
    TURN RIGHT, (Chevron Station on left, Motel on right).
    The Ranch House is behind the Motel in same complex

Time:
    9:00 a.m.

Work:
    Please note: due to recent winter storms, masonry and restoration work at the historic Tumble Inn site is being postponed this month in order to clear the Ridge Route. We will be clearing the road of rocks and debris which may involve working behind the locked forest service gate. Please allow ample time to arrive so you will NOT miss our departure.
    Bring:
    We are asking everyone to bring gloves and a sack lunch. At noon we gather for lunch. Bottled water and restroom facilities will be provided by RRPO. Santana's Pumping & Plumbing of Frazier Park is donating the use of the portable restroom. Additionally, we ask that you bring any of the assorted tools listed below, including a folding chair to use at lunch time.

• Shovel, standard and scoop
    • Hoe
    • Rake
    • Wheelbarrow
    • Pruning Shears
    • Pole Pruner
    • Pruning Saw
    • Mattock
    • Gloves
    • Sunscreen

Safety of our volunteers is our number one priority so we ask that you wear appropriate work clothes and shoes. Workers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. We work in full compliance with Angeles National Forest and have been granted permission to extend our repairs beyond that portion of the road that is closed and “off limits” to the public.
    We hope to complete this phase by 3 or 4:00 p.m. Please RSVP if you can come. If you are unable to attend this workday and would like to send a donation or become a member, please contact:

Carl Marsee, Project Manager
    P. O. Box 959
    Frazier Park , CA 93225-0969
    CMarsee@FrazMtn.com
    (661) 242-2726

Or: Harrison Scott, (866) 262-7594 (toll free)
    RidgeRoute@Yahoo.com
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Ahhh....

....great! Thank you very much for the info......I missed today's work but I will been in touch for the next, if required.
      John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
      X