Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ranger did not specify a date, but said some time in April, as soon as the snow clears.
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Now with your new tires.....

...you can make this trail no problem Roger, you will really like Miller......
      John & Kristi

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
        The ranger did not specify a date, but said some time in April, as soon as the snow clears.
        Sweet . . . thanks for letting us know Chips! I wonder if we'll be able to pitch in and help get it open like we did a couple of years ago with the recon run. Other than putting up the new signs, there wasn't much to do that year, but after it sat closed all last year, I'd imagine, it might need more attention this season . . . especially some of the areas where the bushes tend to engulf the trail.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Thanks Geeb & Schmo,

I've been fixing up the Po' Boy little by little. 5.5" lift, 33's, LS rear diff.

I'm fine with shelf roads and such.

Miller's kinda far from me but I'd like to join you guys sometime if you don't mind.

Oh, Schmo, I promise not to "spot" you. (He knows what I'm talkin' about!)
          Maybe we'll make a weekend out of it. I have a cabin in Frazier Park, between the start and finish of Miller Jeep Trail. Make it a little easier for you to travel the distance.

Comment

Perfect!
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

I'd like to run this one with you guys too. Never been up there.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalinIt View Post
                I'd like to run this one with you guys too. Never been up there.
                Once it opens, you won't have trouble finding a group to tag along with. Shoot I'll probably be up there every other weekend for a while seeing how long it's been closed! Just hit me up if you don't see a group heading out when you want to go . . . I'll probably be up for a Miller run. Definitely my favorite local trail . . . it's nice having Rowher open again, but for me Rowher gets dull really quick as it's just not the most scenic or challenging. Miller is only a moderate trail, but provides just enough of a challenge to keep it interesting and it's much prettier up there (at least the unburned sections) compared to Rowher.

Comment

Jeep Miller Trail

Since I was in the middle of the drama last year we have done some intel ops and have adopted a trail (BC109)in the nearby lockwood area with a New Group
                  [URL="http://www.vc4wd.com"[/URL]
                  So now we are in.
                  We are in close contact with the Ranger who is in charge of the opening of closed trails and coordination of the opening of Miller.
                  If you want to get involved contact Susan Bailey 661-245-3731 and regrister yourself as a vointeer.

Thanks
                  2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

subscribing

Miller was a fun trail, i'd love to run it again. Hopefully sooner than later `

Comment

Any news? is it open yet?

Comment

I've always wanted to try this trail. Rowher is starting to get boring.
                        We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Comment

I called and spoke with the Ranger Station this morning. The guy I spoke with was really cool and explained that it is actually snowing up there now and although they were hoping to have the trail opened up a couple of weeks ago, they have to wait for the snow to melt and things to dry out before opening the gate. I asked about the grading that Womb Raider mentioned and he explained that they can't do the grading until things dry out. I asked how long he expected before it would be open and he said hopefully this will be the last storm and if it warms up, it could be within a couple of weeks. Probably wouldn't hurt for us to politely call in a couple of weeks to check on the status so they know that they're are lots of folks looking forward to getting out on the trail . . . as long as were polite, it can only help as they'll probably get sick of our calls and get the gate open ASAP!!! The number is 661-245-3731. Hope to be out there with you guys soon!

Comment

Working...
                          X