Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Pieces of Eight

On Saturday 2-27 Tracy and I hosted a pirate themed treasure hunt In Stoddard Valley. Brian Lynn, owner of Slash X, allowed us to camp on his property all weekend. There were 25 treasure chests for the plundering pirates to find.

Swag

At 4pm we all gathered inside Slash X for our feast and to share stories from the day.

Brian passing out some Slash X swag to the group

Mmmmmm....cupcakes

On Sunday we played in the Ord Mountains for half the day before heading home.

The Black Pearl high in the Ord Mountains

Goat Spring

A mine near Sweetwater Spring

Back at camp at 2pm. Home at 5pm. It rained a bit on Saturday but Friday and Sunday were beautiful. Another fabulous weekend in the desert.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

The Slash X is one of my favorite places to hang out. I've been going there for over 25 years. There's a hat of mine hanging from the ceiling from 1984.

Comment

Doug,

You make an ugly pirate. Oh,I forgot, they're supposed to be ugly! Nice Winches on each side of you though
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Dang, you had to post MORE pictures to make me jealous?

I would have loved to participate in this event Doug! Thanks for sharing!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Doug,

Looks like a fun time. It's cool to see someone putting out the effort for a theme run. Very nice!. Nice photo of the
          "Black Pearl" at the overlook, just past Quill Spring? Goat Spring, Sweetwater Spring, and Aztec Spring look awesome in the spring when the color comes back.

Mitch

Comment

Nice! It looks like you had a great Pirate themed event complete with everything, but the tall ships!

Christian
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

You have some fun parties!

This title got my attention as I have one of these pieces of eight as well as a reale, and 2 cob

Found on the beaches of Sebastian in Florida after a hurricane.

Pretty cool stuff

Great party pics! You guys really know how to have a shindig
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Doug,

Looks like a fun time. It's cool to see someone putting out the effort for a theme run. Very nice!. Nice photo of the
                "Black Pearl" at the overlook, just past Quill Spring? Goat Spring, Sweetwater Spring, and Aztec Spring look awesome in the spring when the color comes back.

Mitch
                That was at a mine off the NS gas pipeline road, north of Erikcson dry lake. One thing that disappointed me dearly was that someone cut the trees down at Goat Spring.

Comment

Looks like a great time Doug. Sorry I missed it.

Brian is a great guy and really accommodating to the off road community. Not sure if any one remembers toothless Tina but she would have fit right in. She used to be the bar maid there a few years back but she carried a bat not a sword.
                  Check out .

Comment

Working...
                  X