Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya the short trip to wallstreet is definitely doable with a near stock jeep, I was waiting for Art's fire road to appear, found out that Art's Fire road on wallstreet was Fred's optional line. Good times.

<<Art's fire road haha.... was a bypass around that spot.
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
      that crossover trail will dump you up just like 200 meters west of the stone cabin and north of the wallstreet overlook. the cabin is basicaly at the top of where things begin to form wallstreet canyon. this route to wallstreet from the north is your only chance to get down there. it was washed out bad a year ago but still not anywhere as bad as the direct route that was pictured in the other post as a 4+ trail. you may have to hike south to get to the overlook if you cant drive but only like half a mile id think.

also after taking the crossover trail you can take easy dirt roads west to ft erwin road. silver bow is easy to get to as well from there.

also what areas are you calling tin can alley and hidden valley? silver bow has a pretty impressive tin can alley
      I'll definitely have to find this crossover trail and give it a shot. I'll also be sure to take the hike to the Overlook.

The area I'm calling Tin Can Alley is the part right after turning left off of Mule Canyon Road towards Bismark Mine.

Right after that little canyon you come out to a large valley before Bismark Mine and that's what I'm referring to as Hidden Valley.

Christian
      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post
        Ya the short trip to wallstreet is definitely doable with a near stock jeep, I was waiting for Art's fire road to appear, found out that Art's Fire road on wallstreet was Fred's optional line. Good times.

<<Art's fire road haha.... was a bypass around that spot.
        Well...I'm not even "near" stock, but still actually "bone" stock with 29" tires.

Once I've got some rock sliders on it, at least I can stop bending the rockers. Rear corner protection may be the next step after that.

The thing about a stock Scrambler with old sagging springs is that it gets hung up on more things than most other stock Jeeps.

It's got a 104" wheelbase and that rear end hangs way out from the rear tire, which creates a less than desireable angle of departure.

Once they are lifted with bigger tires they really rock, but I'm going to replace all of the stuff that seems to break immediately when you go to 35" tires first.

I'm on the slow boat to getting the build done, but will have a ton of fun and learning along the way.

Christian
        "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

i was on wallstreet last night. the washout is in better shape then it has been. i think a stock jeep will make it. theres plenty of rocks to stack if you want to make it even better.

the washout location is: 34° 57' 58.09" N 116° 52' 15.81" W

here is an old pic before it washed out
          KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Troy,

Christian & I checked it out yestersday. There's no way 10 to 20 rigs can do that, it would take a month to get that many Jeeps though!
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Troy,

Christian & I checked it out yestersday. There's no way 10 to 20 rigs can do that, it would take a month to get that many Jeeps though!
              yeah your right with alot of rigs things would change. especially since you would have to march them right back up it 30 minutes later

Comment

i was on wallstreet last night. the washout is in better shape then it has been. i think a stock jeep will make it. theres plenty of rocks to stack if you want to make it even better.

the washout location is: 34° 57' 58.09" N 116° 52' 15.81" W

here is an old pic before it washed out
                Hey Troy,

Roger and I went there yesterday to try to figure out if we could take a group of stock Jeeps through there at the Annual IDTT run on March 27th.

This pic of the washout from Art's thread shows what we didn't think we could get my stock Scrambler through.

I think I could make this section passable in my Scrambler if I had a few hours and a couple of Jeeps with winches to move a couple of big rocks.

Christian

Comment

Fred told me that there is an other trail that leads to the overlook, you guys could ask him. Basically a road that is a lot more stocker friendly

Comment

yeah that section was pretty rough. the bypass we used is the higher line one car width to the left in the picture but to get through you have to offcamber and that sucked. even just some rock stacking would fix the main line up fast if you fill the gaps between the big rocks.

the picture makes it look like a third super high line in the bushes is passable but i dont remember that being possible last night

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Fred told me that there is an other trail that leads to the overlook, you guys could ask him. Basically a road that is a lot more stocker friendly
                      That would be a cool thing to discover! We need to ask Fred.

Christian

Comment

yeah that section was pretty rough. the bypass we used is the higher line one car width to the left in the picture but to get through you have to offcamber and that sucked. even just some rock stacking would fix the main line up fast if you fill the gaps between the big rocks.

the picture makes it look like a third super high line in the bushes is passable but i dont remember that being possible last night
                        Troy,

We were looking at that off-camber line above the rocky section. It was badly eroded with the rain and looked like it had a good chance of collapsing.

Rock stacking between the big rocks would probably work, but it would take a lot of rocks!

Christian

Comment

Working...
                        X