Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Granite Mtn. Run

We had a nice turnout today despite what the weatherman forecasted for today.

Attendees:
    Kevin & Chris - 1 Bad FNZ in their Grand Cherokee
    Bill, Melissa, & their kids (Mellissa is Kevin & Chris's daughter in their Cherokee
    John & his daughter Taylee - XThread - Driving his tricked-out TJ
    Chris - Chris142 - Wheeling a TJ also
    Patrick - Screwball - Must be a TJ day
    Also running with us was Young. He read about the run on MJR and asked if he could come with us - he wheels an older Toyota PU. set up nice for the rocks
    And yours truly in my CJ-7.

We met at the Mobil station in east AV and headed towards the Granite Mtns. We aired down at the base of them:

Our first stop was an old homestead up a canyon that is in ruins.

Next, on to quail Springs. There was a small amount of standing water there. Here's a few pictures in the area:

Bill had to take this strech of trail kinda slow. His Cherokee is stock height but he has plans to lift it soon:

We worked our way over to Horse Springs area. Kevin had a bit of radiator hose issues but that was quickly fixed. Chris142 works at a radiator shop in Hesperia and Young owns a radiator shop in South Gate I think someone said. Not to Mention Kevin's mechanical skills. I had to snap a photo of Kevin's hood up

It never did rain but it sure looked like it was going to. When we stopped for lunch, the temperature really dropped and threated rain.

I really enjoyed the leasure day today. Thanks everyone for hangin' out with me today. You all are great to be hangin' out with.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

run

thanks for the good time rodger .nice meeting the new people and great wheeling with everybody.good times for sure . !!!

Comment

Hey Roger, thanks for a nice day, had a good time. And thanks to Chris, and yung for there assistance. If you got to break, hose slipping off of radiator, that was my kind of break, simple and quick. Little chilly yesterday, but you've got to love those heated seats, Kevin.

Comment

Fun trip

Looks like you had a fun trip. I love exploring our local areas, still finding new stuff after 30+ years here. If I didn't have this nasty cold I would have loved to have gone with you.

Comment

Originally posted by calkid View Post
          Looks like you had a fun trip. I love exploring our local areas, still finding new stuff after 30+ years here. If I didn't have this nasty cold I would have loved to have gone with you.
          Sorry you weren't feeling well. We'll see you next time.
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey Roger....if I would have known......Courtney and I did the "one ton" area that day. Good seeing you on the way home though.
            :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Originally posted by flatpoint View Post
              Hey Roger....if I would have known......Courtney and I did the "one ton" area that day. Good seeing you on the way home though.
              Dave, I posted it!Aren't you checking MJR? It would have ben great to have you and Courtney along.

Next time...
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

I did not even bother....With the weather and all I thought I was the only one foolish enough to venture out in it!
                :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

looks like another fun run. good to see the stock guys getting out there and enjoying themselves. i hope i run into young sometime(were you at pilot on the first big snow?). sounds like you guys hooked him too with all your great trip reports
                  Last edited by troyboy162; 02-28-10, 11:58 PM.
                  KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Working...
                  X