Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Goat Canyon Trestle 3-13-10

We will be meeting at Mortero Palms N32° 43.215 W116° 08.925 at 8:30am on Saturday March 13. We need to leave at 9am to accomplish the hike before the sun sets. Any stock 4wd should be able to get you to the trailhead.

This is a strenuous hike. Anyone participating should be in good physical shape. 3 miles of boulderhopping with an elevation gain/loss of 1200' each direction.

I plan on camping Friday & Saturday nights someplace near N32°43.312 W116° 08.230

CB Channel 31. Ham radio (2 meter) 146.550

Some things to bring: quality hiking boots with ankle support, appropriate clothing, sunblock, gloves, water / food (for the hike),first aid kit, flashlight, extra batteries, camera
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

In.....
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

This is still on, right?
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Man i wanted to go to this but i have to work
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

This is still on. Forecast is looking good.

Clear. Lows in the lower 40s to lower 50s. Highs in the mid 70s to lower 80s.

If it is at all possible I plan on taking Friday off. If not I will be on the road by 1pm. I won't know until Thursday as this is shaping up to be a busy week at work. I will post up as soon as I know what time I expect to be in camp.

I will be in the F250/camper sans Jeep. I will be heading South on 1-15 all the way to I-8. East to Ocotillo. North on S2 to Dos Hombres Rd and into camp.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Dang it!! I want to go but can't make it. One of these days I need to do that hike!!! Have fun and take a lot of pictures!
            WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

I know it says stock 4wd should be able to make it.
              Friend is asking if stock 2wd Toyota Tundra could make it to the trailhead...he's experienced off road driver, just doesn't want to tow his CJ5 Jeep out there.
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jpflat2a View Post
                I know it says stock 4wd should be able to make it.
                Friend is asking if stock 2wd Toyota Tundra could make it to the trailhead...he's experienced off road driver, just doesn't want to tow his CJ5 Jeep out there.
                thanks
                I have driven Morteo Wash to the trailhead. It has deep soft sand that I would not take a 2wd into. Dos Hombres Rd also leads to the trailhead. I have never driven Dos Hombres Rd but I have been told that 2wd should not have any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                  I have driven Morteo Wash to the trailhead. It has deep soft sand that I would not take a 2wd into. Dos Hombres Rd also leads to the trailhead. I have never driven Dos Hombres Rd but I have been told that 2wd should not have any trouble.
                  thank you, sir.

Comment

hi guys, first post here,,, I'm the guy with the tundra that jpflat2a was asking questions for ,I can't find the Dos Hombres rd, on the maps I have.is it after Dos Cabezas? when I do find the road just stay on Hombres till it hits the trailhead?thanks in advance. all my buddys are not , uhhhh, fit enough for a hike like this .

Comment

Dos Cabezas Rd not Dos Hombres. Sorry. You will have to turn off Dos Cabezas to get to the trailhead.

Last edited by FishPOET; 03-09-10, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I have Friday off. I will be leaving Norco at 10am on Friday. I should be in camp before 3pm.

Comment

I be working Friday. But Ill see you Saturday at 8:30.:thumbs_up
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

dang it, I can't make it ,I forgot this weekend is the car show in temecula and I already paid to show my car.dam, really wanted to do this.

Comment

I hope someone posts some pics , must have been a beautiful day for a hike like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X