• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Fry Mtn's

I was joined to day by:
    Troyboy162 and his girlfriend Kimi
    Chris142 - Chris
    And a coworker Richard, his son John, their friends Daniel and his son John.

We had a great time running through the trails and washes in the Fry Mountains N/E of Lucerne Valley.

The trails are interesting with lots of rocky off-camber steep ups & downs and miles of sandy washes.

Some of the highlights we visited were the Fry Mtn. mine, the nearby wooden arrarasta, and the Yucca Rings.

One little mishap today was with Richard's YJ. While we were stopped for lunch, there was a nearby hill he wanted to explore. after 15 monutes or so I ask everyone to be still because I heard something unusual. Here come Richard limping his Jeep back to where we were wit a very loud THUMP-THUMP-THUMP! He ripped his side wall on a jagged rock. No amount of plugs would have repaired that tire! Dang, I should'a taken a picture of it.

Here's a few photos:

Thanks you guys for PMing me and asking me to put this together. You guys are really great to go exploring with.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

i have that video i made for my nephews. its more the mines but shows some of where we were. great time out there with you all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wK5b3tEBg
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Wished I known that you were going to be out in that area. The wife and I were out that way exploring in the Grand Cherokee yesterday. Kevin.

Comment

Great area Roger.We are lucky to live here!
        :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
          Wished I known that you were going to be out in that area. The wife and I were out that way exploring in the Grand Cherokee yesterday. Kevin.

Dang Kevin! I like hangin' out with you guys! Let's keep in touch!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
            i have that video i made for my nephews. its more the mines but shows some of where we were. great time out there with you all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wK5b3tEBg
            That camera takes great videos in the dark!

Comment

Originally posted by chris142 View Post
              That camera takes great videos in the dark!
              yea it does really well. the only thing it lacks is image stabilization but weve learned to take that limitation into account when filming.

oh and that mtn Kimi and i went up and over at the end stunk lol. it was nothing more then quad trails the whole way and just 3mph weaving through rocks smacking sliders/bumpers. veiws were nice but not much better then the senic over looks Rodger took us to. there were some yucca rings at the top though.
              KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Working...
              X