Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Beatching little fire road

After looking at the trail heads of Riffel canyon and Crowbar last Sunday Mr Freddy and me decided that the Crowbar trail needed exploring.
    So early this morning of to JV we went.
    The start is either a rockface/waterfall that is about 8 feet high and about as slick as snot or there is a bypass that looks worse than it actually is.
    So here is the skinny if you are bored with Motino wash, want a bit more challenge than Cougar Buttes, don't quite want to do Sledgehammer but want a bit more fun than Clawhammer then this is the ticket. Lots or rocks some nice little waterfalls and a few very tight squeezes. We explored and hiked several offshoots to try and find a way out. There are actually a couple more possibilities but We figured we hiked enough.
    After all this fun we roamed around Mitch;s backyard some found a abonded mine did some steep of camber stuff and eventually ended back on Camprock rd
    All in All a great day of wheeling
    This is the bypass at the start of the trail is actually easier than it looks and less work than winching up the rockface

Last edited by aw12345; 01-09-10, 11:40 AM.

You sure like those "fire roads" Art!

Sound like ya had a good time...no pix?

Scott

Comment

Trying to upload some as we speak, just photobucket is taking it's sweet ole time

Comment

Sounds fun!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Well Art lead me through Crowbar today this trail will give you everything some off shoots turned into buggy only stuff and I think it is a cross between motino & clawhammer 35 and lockers and you are set to go cant wait to go back That mine shaft was scarry could not see the bottom but I thought I heard chinese talk
          Last edited by flatout; 01-08-10, 06:47 PM.
          You can make it

Comment

Not to many pictures we were a little to busy exploring the available possibilities on this fine fire road

Comment

Hey Fred how 'bout 33s and some broke-in sliders?

Comment

Well it's a bit tight in places at one spot I rubbed both rocksliders on the rocks in this squeeze thing.
                There is a pretty good change that your XJ's sheetmetal will be quite a bit worse for wear. Also it might take 2 lockers to get out of the trail, the way out is fairly steep and all loose small rocks and dirt kind of like some of the steeper loose climbs on Truckhaven for lack of a better description

Comment

I'm locked up front lsd in back and an honorable member of th xj sheetmetal preservation crew. Maybe I will wait a bit for ya'll to get used to it. Not afraid of damage but don't wanna make life tougher on everyone else outta me bein bullheaded.

Comment

Hate to see you bust some windows and what not some of the stuff is tight. You can always try or take some XJ ers and explore it when you are on the trail the first for go right the second fork go left the start is a little tough you follow that to another fork then turn left on the hill it;s a faint trail of loose stuff go over some hills, trail is very faint is almost like cross country driving to get out

Comment

Did you guys check out Shaft Canyon when you were out there?
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

You know Art, whenever I see "fire road" in a post from you, my stomach gets a big knot in it and I get a nervous "twitch". Why is that?
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Looks like fun! Being able to explore stuff like that and make it out again is one of my favorite things about Jeepin.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

Okeydoke. Maybe I'll see if I can get some o' the knuckleheads from naxja to run it.

Comment

Just don't know why that is Roger, we were just having fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X