Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: cakewalk videos

What a great group of guys...
    it was nice to (re-) meet some of you and meet Jesse and his pal from the auto city USA.
    My buddy took some videos and I'll post them here. I didn't really take much as far as pics go this time around, just the ones on my phone and I don't think they do justice.
    Shawn (Sean?) made a great BBQ for lunch too.
    I had a great time, and think we have a convert to crawling largely because of you guys. He's jeep shopping now

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...dcrawling1.flv

and
    http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/j...crawling13.flv

and
    http://s553.photobucket.com/albu...m...crawling12.flv

I Love Cakewalk. Definitely more challenging than Bullfrog and a great group of drivers. We made great timing and completed the entire trail in about 2 hours plus one hour for lunch break.

The Jeep is off to the tender loving care department and so will be out of commission for a while. The time has come to change this and change that and add a little bit of the other stuff too...you know...the thing that spins both left and right wheels at the same time. Might have to start with a lunchbox and grow from there.

Here are some photos and you can follow the link to see all.

Thanks Art for the axle shaft you let me borrow. I'll be dropping it off tomorrow.

Last edited by MrBash; 01-04-10, 02:08 AM.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

First of Fred thanks for leading the pack, it definitely was a fun day,
      Cakewalk was a nice run everybody cruised through the trail fairly easy and the barbecue was the bomb thanks Shant for the chow.
      Afterwards we drove out to find Riffle Canyon and Crowbar to see what those trails are like.
      We hiked up both trails a ways and they look like they need a fair amount of time, some big tires and winching so we will keep those for another day.

Comment

Shant,

You need a bigger grill my friend! Maybe you can set up a snack shop out on the trail this spring. LMAO Good to see you out on the trail.

Art,

I told you guy's about Riffle......I like how you said we hiked it, not that you tried to drive it! It is a winch fest for sure.

Looks like you all had a great day.

Mitch

Comment

hey Shant I love my aussie... no shame in that!
          Nice pics guys.
          Guess I need to put a winch on my shopping list now...

Comment

Had a great time.You guys made quick work of everything I could find for you.I finley got to try one of Shant's famous trail barbeque lunches and it was the best thanks for that Shant.The outher trails are going to be a day in it' self
            You can make it

Comment

As Art said, thanks Fred for leading the pack and you're all welcome for the bbq, my pleasure.

Rifle trail looks interesting, maybe one day when the Jeep gets bigger shoes.

Thanks again, see you guys soon

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Fun Vids... Your rear tire takes a beating lol...
                Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

yeah, I noticed that today too. No wonder it rattles so much!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X