Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cakewalk

We had a great bunch of people and great weather today. The big boys put on a good show. Lost one locker and one fender. we also got to run a few jeeps down hammerdown. I'am sure the people that took pictures we'll be posting soon.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

it was a good time curtis , thanks for the run it was nice to get out again ....oh ya that water fall was no joke !!

Comment

cakewalk

thanks for the good time curtis.great day ,good people .

Comment

First thing the kids said when we hit pavement "When we going again daddy?"....

Bent the "Bling" on the front, and both rockers.

Great run had much fun. Loading pics into photobucket now, will post in a few.

Matt & kids
        Last edited by lakev2; 12-19-09, 08:50 PM.
        "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

It was good seeing Steve, Fred and Curtis again. It's always fun wheeling with you guy's. And it was great meeting everyone else today. There were thirteen vehicles total, and Curtis did a great job keeping everyone together.

We only took a couple of pictures and very little video.

Group shot.

Last edited by Double AA; 12-21-09, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I had a blast today. Great weather out there, and even better wheeling. It was great to see those I've met before, and to meet some new folks.

Special Thanks to those who helped spot me through Hammerdown. I got my fender bent back up almost to where it was from the factory once I got home.
            "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Steve, Jan and I climbed the waterfall in the video. My sister Laura rode with me today and "conveniently" thought it would be a good time to get out and take pictures instead of riding up the falls.

So after lunch I snuck the video camera to Fred, and as soon as Laura was strapped in the Jeep I went up the falls again. I was hoping for some kind of reaction, but she played it cool. Not even a courtesy gasp.

There's also some of Fred's alternate line on Hammer Down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PNmPoVBr_g

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Looks like you guys had too much fun. Good job Curtis.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like all you early birds had a ball wheeling, me I got some well deserved sleep.. Would have been nice to hang out but getting up at 7 am or so after less than 2 hours sleep is just brutal. Was not up to it today, to bad though looks like everybody had a blast. That waterfall looks wicked, Steve did you cruise up it also?

Comment

Very cool pic,s looks like ya,ll had a blast!! I hope to make it out next time..How is Cakewalk apposed to Bullfrog? I,ve done Bullfrog before, but never tried the CAKE!!! Thanks for the pic,s and write up..Geebo
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Art Steve's new suspension works great, he went up the wall without spinning the tires.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

it was a good time art , you would of had a blast taking fred's line down the v notch on hammer down , my crawlers climbed right up that water fall , not sure if a short wheel base would of made it ......

Comment

Curtis,

It was great seeing you and your group yesterday. Luckily we had 7 vehicles in our group to go exploring otherwise you still be on the trail! Looks like a fun time.

Mitch

Comment

It was a great day.Thanks to Curtis for setting the run up and leading us.The pic's turned out great.I have some I will try to upload today.Here you go

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow
                            Last edited by flatout; 12-20-09, 11:15 AM.
                            You can make it

Comment

Thanks for letting me tag along

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                              We had a great bunch of people and great weather today. The big boys put on a good show. Lost one locker and one fender. we also got to run a few jeeps down hammerdown. I'am sure the people that took pictures we'll be posting soon.
                              Thanks to Curtis for putting this together, I had a great time. Sorry to the guys that kept waiting for me and were stacking rocks to get my POS off its belly skid. Thanks to all the spotters, especially Hammerdown.

The Hammerdown entrance was a trip, had me thinking twice after seeing 4xfiend going through it. I told him, "If you go through it, I'm following."

Great people, and learned lots of tips from the more experienced wheelers. Thanks to everybody that made for a bad ass trip. When are we going back? lol
                              YJ Stock
                              BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X