Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear Snow Runs

Snow runs in Big Bear 12-19/12-20. We have a cabin reserved from the 18-23rd and still might have some room if you're willing to pay. Otherwise, call me up @ 805-813-7410 and I can fill you in on more details of where we'll be wheeling and what conditions are like.

Minimum 3" lift, 33" tires, tire chains, recovery & safety equipment required.

2 lead trucks have 6" lift, + 35 & 37" tires + 4 chains and full recovery/safety equip.
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]Chris :beer:
    Poison Spyder Custom, it's a beast!![/COLOR]

Originally posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Snow runs in Big Bear 12-19/12-20. We have a cabin reserved from the 18-23rd and still might have some room if you're willing to pay. Otherwise, call me up @ 805-813-7410 and I can fill you in on more details of where we'll be wheeling and what conditions are like.

Minimum 3" lift, 33" tires, tire chains, recovery & safety equipment required.

2 lead trucks have 6" lift, + 35 & 37" tires + 4 chains and full recovery/safety equip.
    I was wonderin how long it would be before someone posted snow runs... Wish I could, but have fun and take lots of pics.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Would be a blast. Chains required for the trails or just to get to them?
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Willard View Post
        Would be a blast. Chains required for the trails or just to get to them?

Well, expect 3+ feet of snow, and lots of ice from freezing nights. I've done it without chains in Frazier, but Big Bear is another animal. 4Wheel Parts has chains if you need.

Comment

Well how about a game plan so people can decide if they want to go. Time, place, trails you plan to attempt. If i'm feeling up to it, due to the flu, and I knew your intentions, I might just bring the Cruiser up for the fun. Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
            Well how about a game plan so people can decide if they want to go. Time, place, trails you plan to attempt. If i'm feeling up to it, due to the flu, and I knew your intentions, I might just bring the Cruiser up for the fun. Kevin.
            Kevin, I agree and wish I could provide more details, but we're still waiting on trail info from local 4wheelers. Basically any fire road is a big challenge in deep snow, we don't need rocks or anything. It's all about having fun and making it back by nightfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
              Kevin, I agree and wish I could provide more details, but we're still waiting on trail info from local 4wheelers. Basically any fire road is a big challenge in deep snow, we don't need rocks or anything. It's all about having fun and making it back by nightfall.
              Hey tell me about it. Last year leading a group up Jacoby canyon. Normally a stocker trail, but 3 ft of snow made it alot more fun. Truck tire chains on and plowing thru, until I lost power due to a rocker arm coming loose. Then being towed home behind my son's Jeep. Oh the shame. Think Ill go out to the garage and cut some chains for the front. Kevin.

Comment

A couple of us were up there last weekend . . . it was awesome!!! Surprisingly, on Sat there wasn't much snow coming down, until you got up onto the trails on the mountain (even then it was very wet), and it was mostly a blend of rain and sleet in town. The temp did drop down enough overnight for a nice layer of fresh powder to drop, but only a few inches. We cruised all over mostly on the fire roads, but it made for a fun day, it was deep in a few spots but not too bad and only had to use a strap a couple of times. Neither of us had chains, and really didn't need them. Unless there'sbeen another storm, it might be mostly mud and slush by the weekend.
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Got a job going at boulder bay and the snow is melting fast. lots of ice in the morning. By this weekend it should be slush and mud.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Now i'm really bummed out about no snow. This is a very expensive trip strictly for snow wheeling. Oh well.

Comment

There is going to still be some snow on the less traveled trails.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Curtis- that's good to know.

Danny Bogner (SoCal Early Broncos) emailed (Ted Nicolas) and said the snow is packing down a little from the rain, so it should be drivable. He said if anything there's the old Standby, Gold Mountain. He told me not to choose trails until we find out how well equipped people are going to be. He also gave me his phone number to call him when I get up there. Tell the MJR crowd the same thing I guess. Get cell phone numbers so we can all connect while up there.
                        See attached database I created on SCB so far. If they have a yahoo acct. they can sign in and view.

So. Cal Broncos Database_BBDD_Big Bear December Days_Dec 18-22
                        http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rtRows&tbl=155

Comment

Yea Gold Mountain,Little John bull,and Jacoby Canyon will probably still be good fun.

Comment

Well i'm sick and decided it's best to stay home. Bummed I can't make it, but I have no choice. If anyone is still interested, you can contact Ted the trip organizer-- ted_nicolas@yahoo.com

but he doesn't have a cell phone, so all arrangements will have to be made by approx noon friday.

Have fun!!

Comment

Working...
                            X