Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Work day in Deep Creek and Big Bear

Well I had to service a couple of concrete jobs today at Deep Creek and also up in Big Bear so I gassed up the Grand Cherokee and off I went to work. It was a beautiful day with blues skies and no clouds at all. I'm enjoying the new job and each day is something different. I went over to the Deep Creek area and led a mixer down a mile of dirt roads to the jobsite. Once everything was going smooth I left for Big Bear. Perfect drive and made good time up the hill. I ended up on the south side of the mountain leading a mixer back to a YMCA camp down a 2 mile dirt (mud/snow) road to the spot. Awesome scenery out here. It was 48' and perfect. Next I visited a few customers in town, had lunch, and then headed home. It was a very nice day in the mountains.

*Always remember to take your time when you go home. Best to be safe!

Mitch

Deep Creek area

Jacoby Canyon is calling us

Gold Mountain is calling

YMCA Camp job

Volley Ball in the snow?

Oh Yeah..................Did I say something about driving slow and careful on the way home?

I was not hurt at all, didn't even break a window. Worst damage was when the CHP used his push bars and sled my Jeep 50 feet to a turn out to get it out of the driving lane on Hwy 18. I did not need another project. Oh well, My Jeep Flops II

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 12-03-09, 06:27 PM.

Wow Mitch! i was not expecting that, glad your ok,

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Oh man! Is your Jeep fixable or a total loss?[/COLOR]

Comment

Yea, glad to here your OK!!!
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

how did that happen?
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Unbelievable. Let's hear the stoy. Glad you're OK.

Comment

Mitch, what the Hell! What happened, was Chuck driving? Glad you're OK.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

holy sh!t! I wasnt expecting to see that at all!

Glad you are okay. What the hell happened?

Tam
                Last edited by JeepGal; 12-02-09, 09:16 PM.
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Well,

Main thing is I'm not hurt at all! This happened by driving too fast. A lady had pulled over at a turn out and I punched it as I passed and the first turn was sharper than I expected, the Jeep started to slide in the rear and I corrected then it went the other way and it did this several times and I was almost slowing down and out of it and I hit the verticle hillside on the passenger side and the front rode up and it flopped onto the drivers side. I put it in park, shut off the engine that was still running, and grabbed the cell phones. A guy stopped and held the passenger front door open so that I could climb out. The tow truck showed up 1 1/2 hours later. He charged $150 to upright the Jeep which took all of 15 minutes. AAA card covered the tow to Hesperia. While waiting for the tow, 3 CHP's showed up, SBCO Sheriff, a fire truck, and a paramedic unit. The first two CHP officers stayed till the tow arrived.

If I could have rolled this onto the wheels right after it happed, I would have been able to drive it home. Most damage was done when it was drug out of the way by the first CHP.

It will be chilly in the YJ tomorrow at 6:00am when I go to the office. I really need to get the hard top on this weekend!

Thank you for the concern everyone!!!!

Mitch
                  Last edited by Mitch; 12-03-09, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Wow, sorry about your rig! Glad you're ok. I did something similar in a Ford Explorer after hitting black ice on a winding mountain road...except I didn't roll...came real close to driving off the side down a 30' bank though. Wasn't going fast, but the black ice, she's a beotch.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

Mitch,

Let me know when you want me to come over and help you install the hard top.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Wow! Mitch, glad to hear you are okay. You should have called me. I could have brought the DJ to help you out with less damage than the CHP. Such a bummer that your new baby was damaged off the trail...

Comment

Wow dude, glad you made it out!!!
                          Jeep

Comment

I'm glad you are OK, so I guess I can say-

"It'll buff out"

Slow down, wildman!!!

Comment

Holy Crap Mitch! I'm so glad that you are okay. I'm sorry that the Cherokee is roughed up. Let me know if you want/need some help.

Mike
                              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X